Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pc To Mac Making The Switch...advice?

Tbird

• In Memoriam

A buddy of mine in Ohio is going to take me to Michigan to see another buddy in a few weeks. If you have a back up, I can pick yours up on the way back, for repair, and then get it back to you. Either that or you can mail it to me. I will ship it back.

I am not up to date on the latest systems available, I would definitely check with Dataman. I trust him in this area.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

i took it to back to the store and they are working on it. so we will see, but what a nice offer stretch, that is really very kind of you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jangrin

i want a powerful machine that i can do my website with and do some video editing new hobby i am going to try.

Hi T-bird,

I was re-reading your post. Chuckles and I have been working toward a new hobby as well. We can't do a lot of the things we used to do because of health reasons and financial issues, were pretty well stuck in a rut for a while. We have also been thinking about editing, except pictures instead of video.

Chuckles used to do alot of photography when he was in college and was quite good at it too. But as with all things, times are a changing. We have been talking about doing some photography. With all the new "chips" and digital photography once you get your camera and then the computer to do the picture editing, the costs are kept fairly contained and you can store your pics on CD and no film costs.

We are looking at Canon digital Rebel XTI for me because of the versatility and the "weight" to carry around and the Canon 5D for Chuckles as it has the bigger sensor that is the size of a 35mm piece of film and the camera is 12 megapixels. We went today to a store to meet the Canon rep, he was very informaive. The printer we are trying to get is the Pro 9000, prints pics up to 13 X 19 enlarged from the camera to computer to printer. I think we can handle walking and driving and taking pictures. As oposed to scubadiving, bullriding, and offshore power boat racing. Ho Hum..Life is sure different . :lol:

• HadIt.com Elder

Mac announced today that it is offering its Safari Browser free to PC users. Its really a great browser and I can see everything on Hadit so much better. If you want to download its its free for Windows XP and Vista.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Pete for the Safari link. Didn't know that it existed for PC

For now i have been using Opera as my alternate browser and it is better ( to me ) than explorer although i have not used the latest version hearing it had bugs i did notice on my Dad's computer that the newest ie has "tabs" which Opera has as well. i like that feature. But what i like about Opera best is it does not allow certain tracking cookies to automatically be downloaded to my computer. After using IE to check my email i have no less than 5 cookies tracking my every movement sending info back to who knows who. Opera does not allow those cookies to be set.

Looking forward to Safari.

My first real computer was a MAC and when i switched over to PC just to learn the OS i thought people had to be crazy to want a PC over a MAC. Although my laptops are PC i'm buying a new iMAC this year.

T-Bird, you might want to go to a MAC store and play with one for a while and talk with one of the well trained people who work in MAC stores to answer questions.

Mac announced today that it is offering its Safari Browser free to PC users. Its really a great browser and I can see everything on Hadit so much better. If you want to download its its free for Windows XP and Vista.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

• Founder

i made the switch to a 15" macbook pro though i think i am going to have to get a larger external monitor my eyes are getting bad. the only painful thing was the price, but it's been a pure delight from moment i walked into the apple store. for one thing they can make you an appointment so you have a real person who uses macs to answer your question. i like the whole appointment thing he said i can see you in a half hour and off i went he spent over an hour with me answering each of my questions dicussing pros and cons and then he carried it out to my car for me. and get this the other day i called tech support becuase i was unsure about something we got disconnected and she called me right back. that never happens. i sigined up for some one on one training which will hopefully help me get out of this house a bit more which would make everyone happy. personally i think leaving the house is highly over-rated but i'm the only one around here that feels that way :huh: