Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Awareness.....

Rate this question

spike

Question

I am not sure how to bring this to the attention, and I apologize upfront if I have put it in the wrong section of our great Hadit Forum.

For those who do not know....there is Veterans of Modern Warfare, and its a Newly Chartered Organization. It is important to Veterans along all levels. A lot of people believe that the Gulf War may indeed become one of the most recent ugly wars where our veterans will need assistance. It is in essence almost like the Vietnam Veterans Association, etc. in that anyone who served after Aug 2 1990 (1st start of the PG war) until who knows when it will end) are eligible. It supports all reservists or even active duty who are currently serving or have served after the Aug 2 '90 time frame. The site for more information is www.vmw.cc or it may have been updated. It's important to get this going and off the ground because I tell you what, a lot of us who have served in PG are having problems and we must carry the torch and not let VA Benefits and Medical Treatments go by the wayside, because many believe this could have the same impact on our Veterans like Vietnam did. Many have different views politically about the war, but our veterans are just doing their job. I know there is important information (studies) done on the PG Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and ongoing studies about the Anthrax vacinations going on. So I am just letting everyone know about it because quietly behind doors, a lot of the organizations we already participate in are mentoring the VMW to carry the torch.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Spike:

Good post. People need to see all that can be helpful.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

No matter which war you were in or what era it is always about money with the VA. Our government wants to wage war on the cheap. The recent vets from Iraq are a prime example. No one wants to make the sacrifice except the veterans.

Well thanks. What is different about this organization is that it indeed is a Veteran Organization, however, you can be a reservist, active duty and still be a member. If you go to their link there are only a few chapters, but many of the chapters are being mentored by the VFW, VVA, American Legion, etc. I think it is vitally important to have active duty and reservists tied in to membership. It keeps the organizations current with what is going on and our military basically with an informed knowledge base before getting out and helping families. Also it will hopefully better prepare the military personnel on to keep copies of all military medical records and hopefully educate them enough so the medical evidence supports their VA claims ahead of time. Being more pro-active.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

New Veterans with disability issues need more than what is currently offered to 98% of them/us.

They need more than an SO of any organization to fill out a form with basic information and a summery of the medical problem.

They need the information we all come to Hadit to get AT THE TIME they file their claim. Like service medical records, getting doctors opinions, being informed of what US Code says about their individual condition.

I will join an organization that provides those Veterans with more than a ten minute meeting while the SO types out the forms. That informs the Veteran completely so that Veteran is not spending the next 15 years appealing and chasing evidence.

I havn't seen an organization like that yet. Some Vets DO get taken care of but that percentage is low. TOO LOW.

I hpoe this one is different.

Time

Edited by timetowinarace

"They need the information we all come to Hadit to get BEFORE they file their claim"

I disagree because every month wasted is a month not included in the EED.

Wasted -not quite what I mean-but I say file the claim- it can always be amended- and then come to hadit immediately-

I had a claim in 1981-everyone told me to go to the VA because my other husband - a veteran-had died.

I had no idea what a VA claim even was.

I was one of the first associate members of the VVA so I used them on my POA.

The rep wrote one sentence on the claim form-

The widow believes her husband's brain tumor -causing his death- began in service.

I waited for the VA to ask me for more info-his medical records were all private doctors and hospitals. He had never been to the VA.

they asked for the DC, Marriage license etc-

I never thought to ask any of his doctor's for an IMO.

8 months later the VA awarded me a pension but said they couldnt send any money because I had too much money.But they denied the death claim.

I didnt understand any of the decision- but then again they had no evidence to even try to SC his death.

Not knowing what they wanted I just never appealed it at all.

That is the past but now I realise that the initial claim the VVA typed out was deficient and the rep never asked me how I could support it with evidence.And I didnt have a clue.

This is why 26 years later the VCAA letter is SO important.

It states -if they send a legal one- exactly what the vet or widow needs to succeed on their claim.

I havent gotten one yet in over 4 years but I mitigated that error myself by seeing the BVA had suggested widows get an IMO when VA failed to send them this info in a legal VCAA letter.

And if they are on a remand the BVA will tell them exactly what they need to give to VA as well as tell the RO what to get.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I agree with the EED. I edited my post.

The point is most Vets have faith in the people filling out their forms and do not look for nor are they informed of what they need. These organizations that continue to offer this false sence of security do not need my dues.

As before I hope this one IS different. I will join if it is. But the organizations that have been said to be supporting this one, do not do a great deal to help with a claim. Not by my experience.

Time