Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So Just Called!

Rate this topic

nlualum82

I need to give credit to my ODVA SO, Don Johnson. He has been very conscientious throughout and as soon as he could dig up anything on me he called.

I've been SC'ed 70% for PTSD!

Along with my 50% hearing that comes through VA math as 90%! They rated my jeep wreck knee at 10% and my tinnitus at 10%.

He also made me an appointment to see him first thing tomorrow, just as I'm rolling in from work. Even if I get something in the mail that fast, it would not be at the house that early! We'll look at and discuss what appears to be a denial on my chronic otitis claim - knew that C & P doc was a snake! The 10% wouldn't change my rating, and if I would have to go all my SC'ed items, I would be hesitant to pursue it - I've relived my stressors enough!

Strange because my otitis was my clearest case - records show VAMC treatment in '85 after my first set of hearing aids was fitted, kept me from wearing them until years later when I had to. Diagnosis, treatment and letter in support from my HMO Dr., and diagnosis and treatment backed up with records + monthly scrip (probably for life) from VA Dr. over the last year and a half!

You Hadites have been great! I tended to ramble and put up posts that reflect my anxiety, but I got excellent advice and followed it!

I'll still be here, I hope to leave the post office before they take me out in cuffs! Will need you to guide me!

Thanks,

Gary

You broke it, you bought it!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats Gary I am glad that you are happy. When you can't work it should be no problem to get 100% TDIU.

• HadIt.com Elder

Gary

Many happy congrat's to you.

I would however rethink about not filing an NOD on the claims you feel you were lowballed on, it might not mean much now but who knows what problems life will deal us at a later date.

But if you are Happy , we are Happy for ya. ;) :angry:

My SO had me in this morning and gave me an advance copy of what I'll be getting from the VA soon (?).

I'll Paraphrase for space :

DECISION

1. SC for PTSD w Maj Dep. Dis. granted 70% eff. 6/21/05

2. Same for left-knee instability at 10%

3. Same for degenerative joint disease, l knee, 10%

4. 4. SC for tinnitus granted w eval. of 10% effective Jan. 27, '78

5. 50% bilateral hearing loss continued

6. SC for chronic otitis denied.

While the first thing to jump out at me was the denial on my well documented otitis claim, I later noticed that they granted SC 10% for tinnitus dated Jan. '78! Am I going to get a check for that?

There is quite a bit of text referring to complaints around separation time/benefit of the doubt/change in rating criteria 6/10/99, but not affecting the assigned 10% eval.

I'm expecting a nice deposit based on effective dates of 6/21/05 - any chance they are actually going to cut a check for 27 and a half years of 10% pay?

My SO had me in this morning and gave me an advance copy of what I'll be getting from the VA soon (?).

I'll Paraphrase for space :

DECISION

1. SC for PTSD w Maj Dep. Dis. granted 70% eff. 6/21/05

2. Same for left-knee instability at 10%

3. Same for degenerative joint disease, l knee, 10%

4. 4. SC for tinnitus granted w eval. of 10% effective Jan. 27, '78

5. 50% bilateral hearing loss continued

6. SC for chronic otitis denied.

While the first thing to jump out at me was the denial on my well documented otitis claim, I later noticed that they granted SC 10% for tinnitus dated Jan. '78! Am I going to get a check for that?

There is quite a bit of text referring to complaints around separation time/benefit of the doubt/change in rating criteria 6/10/99, but not affecting the assigned 10% eval.

I'm expecting a nice deposit based on effective dates of 6/21/05 - any chance they are actually going to cut a check for 27 and a half years of 10% pay?

I dont see why not- I saw a claim at the BVA for retro back to 1953!

This is great-

but why did they deny the otitus claim?

It made sense to me that they would SC it.

Berta -

Big Congrats on this.

Under evidence for the grant of Tinnitus, is the nexus to it from the Otitis Media

or the Hearing Loss ?

EED of 1978, is what I'm still working on to get my Otitis & Headaches back to.

Congrats again.

carlie