Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Tested Me With Out Telling Me..

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

I requested a copy of my VA records and discovered that the VA did a drug / alcohol test with my urine sample. When they asked for the sample saying it was just for routine tests. I guess I should have asked more probing questions.

I have just started using the VA Med center and MH section for depression, they all always ask me if I do drug or alcohol now or in the past. I keep telling them NO, and it isn't compatable with my MEDs. Anyway the test results were negative.

I guess if they catch a Vet in a lie they will take anything else you say with a gain of salt.

Joe

The bill of rights does not apply to people in the military, so I can understand the DoD's policies on drug screening. However, you are all civilians now and have full rights under our laws and the VA shouldn't be able to screen someone without permission or a court order. I'm betting this issue needs a lawsuit filed in order to fix it.....it may seem trivial to some, but when you give up one civil liberty you can bet they'll go after another soon enough.

may seem trivial to some, but when you give up one civil liberty you can bet they'll go after another soon enough.

KINDA LIKE GUN CONTROL!

Wolf:

I am not big on emails I like posting on the Board. If you have something you want discussed please post it. If your issue is to sensitive to post I really don't have a good answer for you.

Good Luck

Not sure the degree of sensitivity Pete except to the extent that i signed an agreement retainer with a law firm that IMO is too cautious with what i can say and to whom. Email can come back and bite me but a forum is a public place. Plus i'm not sure where i should post yet "My story"?

i'd be a liar if i didn't admit that a little understanding and sympathy might help some, but since my current big case is a FTCA case i'm not sure once again where to post it.

In short: The VA med center in one state through me out and refused me the most basic services after my house burned down in a fire. They claim that i was "drug shopping" because i mentioned that all of my meds were lost in the fire. The Narcotic contract and the doctor in the facility where i signed the contract put two notes in the system which i have only been able to get a copy of one. The other was read to me over 

the phone but no matter how many 

times i ask for that "progress note" the twilight zone factor kicks in and i find myself on that merry-go-round of singing release of information forms, faxing, and sending them with no 

reply. Today i confront the beast head on. 

i am returning to the scene of the crime and the fire....been having nightmares and chest pains about this day for months now.

How sensitive is that?

Wolf:

I am not big on emails I like posting on the Board. If you have something you want discussed please post it. If your issue is to sensitive to post I really don't have a good answer for you.

Good Luck

Not sure the degree of sensitivity Pete except to the extent that i signed an agreement retainer with a law firm that IMO is too cautious with what i can say and to whom. Email can come back and bite me but a forum is a public place. Plus i'm not sure where i should post yet "My story"?

i'd be a liar if i didn't admit that a little understanding and sympathy might help some, but since my current big case is a FTCA case i'm not sure once again where to post it.

In short: The VA med center in one state through me out and refused me the most basic services after my house burned down in a fire. They claim that i was "drug shopping" because i mentioned that all of my meds were lost in the fire. The Narcotic contract and the doctor in the facility where i signed the contract put two notes in the system which i have only been able to get a copy of one. The other was read to me over 

the phone but no matter how many 

times i ask for that "progress note" the twilight zone factor kicks in and i find myself on that merry-go-round of signing release of information forms, faxing, and sending them with no 

reply. Today i confront the beast head on. 

i am returning to the scene of the crime and the fire....been having nightmares and chest pains about this day for months now.

How sensitive is that?

Edited by Steppenwolf

Steppinwolf-A friend of mine was prescribed pain meds and they took them away after he tested positive for weed. He is in a lot of pain and gets his meds off the street now. I'm sure he would jump at the chance to have a lawyer help him. Should I e-mail his name and address to you?

• HadIt.com Elder

I read about your problem in another post and it is sensitive. Please don't take comments personally I was trying to help. I think that you got a raw deal. Since I read my post from the newest to the latest my comments are out of order but the sentiment remains the same.

Good Luck I hope that you burn the VA.