Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reevaluation Of Issues

Rate this question

recruiterrick

Question

if a person has 8 service connected issues; 100%, 10, 10, 10, 0, 0, 0, 0 but is beginning to have issues with some of the 10's and zeros, would he be smart to have them reevaluated or not.

i'm actually kind of new dealing with the VA and I really don't want to mess up! :huh:

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

My advice to anyone who has 100% or TDIU is to take the money and run. Minor disabilities rarely will add anything to check and are tough to add up to the additional 60% necessary for SMC.

A far more worthwhile project is to get your 100% declared permanent by some medical evidence that it isn’t likely to improve during your lifetime. This will get your property tax waived in most jurisdictions, which is money that is probably more naluable than SMC.

Alex

Edited by Alex

Our esteemed counselor Alex always makes good points-

and he is correct in that-only if it is an obvious L SMC award- additional claims for ratings that dont raise to SMC level can be a waste of effort-

The P & T status is different and I agree there too of course-

However one never knows just what SC will contribute to their death and death could potentially be even contributed to by a "0" SC disability-

say a vet gets a sand flea bite in the desert during service that becomes infected- is rated "0" SC-then the vet years down the road develops a very rare blood condition and dies from it- and medical evidence shows it was a dormant disease due entirely to the sand flea bite.

A stretch of course but then again----nothing is impossible with the VA.

Greetings,

I agree with Berta. If you can get it serviced connected why not? As I am and many here at hadit are rated 100% T&P not IU. I am 180% total. Lets say I die from an issue that was secondary to my main serviced connected disabilities and I never filed for it to be rated (regardless of financial comp)my family would get ZERO.

I filed for all I could and got rated. Yes some were 10% and some were 0%, however I got them servived connected and that is everything and that is what the VA will look at if I were to die.

I know it is not a positive issue, but it is reality. God bless you all.

Bound4Heaven

• HadIt.com Elder

I got rated 0% for a type of heart disease secondary to DMII. Since most in my family have died from this kind of heart disease I think it was good to get rated for this due to possible DIC if I dont' make it to the Ten Year 100% mark. I don't get any money for this rating but maybe my wife might get something if I don't make it another 4 years.