Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wright, Robinson, Osthimer & Tatum

Rate this question

vaf

Question

My husband received an unsolicited offer of representation from this law firm in a letter signed by Attorney Daniel Krasnegor. We have some issues going before the Court, and evidently, this firm discovered we did not have representation at the BVA level, and decided to contact us. Is anyone familiar with these folks?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I filed a Writ of MAndamus many years ago and got twelve letters from lawyers.

I called some of them and none of them knew why I had a CAVC Docket - it was not a valid writ-

(I had not exhausted all administrative procedures but I couldn't seem to find anyone at the VARO who could read so I filed it anyway)

I asked these lawyers to give me some of their successful cases at the Court.

I think Ken Carpenter was the only one who did- I know only two of them really seemed to understand my claim.

They are only responding to a docket number and probaby have no idea what the claim is all about.So their initial letter or call is not based on any value they perceive the claim has.

I am helping a vet who VA wants to pay his CAVC lawyers about $8,000 bucks and I think my NOD will reduce that by about $4,000.

Their actual services in my mind were worth a few hundred bucks-

they didn't find the nexus he needed-the reason for years and years of denial---- I did.

It was a medical term in the first paragraph of one of his BVA denials-

No one- no lawyer or even his vet reps ever looked the word up-

When I looked it up and went carefully over his SMRs- (spent a week studying this medical condition and the SMRs-) then ----Bingo!!!!!--

He was granted SC earlier this year!

We nodded for more retro- they awarded 40 yet his condition warrants 100%.

They gave him 3-4 C & Ps for the over disability picture but only awarded on the initial condition, not the secondary ones.

and I hope the attorney fee NOD I did -with evidence-is going to reduce that amount too.

Be careful of the lawyer you choose and ask them to provide you some examples of their work for veterans.

I am in process of using a Law firm in KY. The attorney who is handling the case also happened to be my family physician years ago. He actually diagnosed my Hypertension 6 months after I got out of the service. These types of attorneys are the most valuable to the Veterans. There are others out there and it would be extremely beneficial to find one. The VA cannot BS them in any way.

Who is the attorney in Kentucky? I would feel a lot better about dealing with an attorney who is also a physician. Hypertension is a big part of my husband's appeal.

Boy, all of you were right, we received four more attorney "pitch" letters in the mail today. The funny thing about it, three of them talked about their attorneys being former VA attorneys who could anticipate VA arguments, and thus represent veterans more effectively. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, why in the world would we suddenly trust these guys, who might very well have had a hand in screwing us over in the past? Now, all of a sudden, they've switched sides and are thoroughly devoted to the welfare of veterans and their disability claims? I guess they (still) think we're stupid.

Doesn't that just make your skin crawl????

Vicki,

Like some kind of Nut I decided to handle my own claim once. I'll leave that for Brenda to do. lol

Well, any way I got turned down at the RO,appealed to BVA,turned down & also turned down at COVA.

So, now I need a Lawyer.

Decided to get Clark Evans. cevanssbcglobal.net / Phone 501-758-5738

OK... First he had to get claim back to BVA which he did.

Then he filed whatever papers were necessary, while all the time telling me we would win this one.

Yeeee..Ha........... We won

Clark figured they would Low Ball me at about 40% & play games with the effective date that I had filed. Such as make it a later time.

BUT.......................

They awarded 100% T & P & went back to the date he specified.

I have the greatest respect for this man as he never tried to con me ( If U will) or tell me anything he wasn't certain of.

From what I hear there are a lot of Lawyers that will take your case as the VA pays them for representing U & then drop U when U want to go any further with the claim.

I was lucky to find this man & everyone on Hadit had nothing but great things to say about him.

Naturally the VA took their time about doing anything but Clark was always there for me & so I (We) got what we went after

He's located in Arkansas & I'm in MO but there was no problem with that.

So, all I am doing is telling U what he did for me & I think he's a great VA Lawyer.

Also, VA Law is his specility & I believe a lot of Lawers claim to know about VA Law but one day they do VA Law then SS Claims then Auto Accidents.

Not saying they all are like that but I feel very fortunate to have found this man first time around.

Hope this helps.

GARY

Again, Clark's E-Mail & Phone #

cevans@sbcglobal.net

501--/758-5738

If U want to see to whom U are speaking go to Google & put in the Advocate & Clark shows up.

Hope that is some help to U.

GARY

Oh ya, still have him as my So as I believe the Powers that be at VA are more impressed with a Lawyer as one's So than someone that is barely trained in what they are attempting to help U with.

gdsnide

:) Gary, could you please try a larger font size, just highlight your test as if to edit and then use the size above to select a number that makes your text larger. Plus if your using Bold, it it like shouting in person.

If not then the larger print should help us who have less than normal eye sight.

Thanks in advace,

Jim S. ;)