Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rhetoric Getting To Accusatory And Less Helpfull

Rate this question

Guest Jim S.

Question

One goal of this forum is to provide a place for Veterans, Wives of Vets, Children of Vets, and faimily and friends of Vets and even those who are not, to find help, assistance and support for their dealings with the VA. Think of it as a place of refuge such as a church, where one is not questioned why they are here, but how we can help one another.

If we questioned everyones reasons for coming to this forum, then I doubt anyone would get any help. Look at it this way, even if someone has an alterier motive that one might disapprove of, the information provided, may well help some one looking on who can use the information in a constructive way that you would.

Not every one who posts on this forum is going to agree or be able to help to everyones satisfaction, but their may be some who do and are helped, no one can say.

By reading facts not in evidence, is no more no less than what we are claiming of the VA. We should hold ourselves above this approach and accept everything on it's face as correct, unless proven otherwise.

Do you cut off the hand that is outstrecthed to you in friendship, just because you do not like the rings on the fingers of that hand?

Please turn the rhetoric down, it is hurting me as much as it does the person it is pointed to. This is not directed at anyone person, but a reminder to all, especially during this season of Thanksgiving and of kindness to our fellow man.

Blessed are the seasons for they shall replinish the Earth and nourish the Souls of Men and Women everywhere.

Jim S. ;)

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim S:

Thanks I agree with you and I would also like to add this. Many of us who come here have our own deamons and sometimes someone will offend us about something. I suggest to just let it go if it makes you mad. If a poster keeps annoying you than use the ignore feature.

Judging other people is not a luxury I can indulge in anymore. For the most part if a poster is just posting their opinion than that is all it is and nothing more. If its an attack than that is wrong.

New people deserve some extra slack as it takes awhile to grasp how thing work here. If you don't agree with someone its really not that difficult to just lay it out in a matter of fact way without getting personal.Someone disagreeing with you is not an attack either. I am not taking sides in this as I am interested in the problems as posted and really don't know what the answer is.

Anyway its best to be nice to each other as I learned one of the people who used to annoy me is one of my favorites today.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Founder

jim i couldn't agree more or put it better - thanks

One goal of this forum is to provide a place for Veterans, Wives of Vets, Children of Vets, and faimily and friends of Vets and even those who are not, to find help, assistance and support for their dealings with the VA. Think of it as a place of refuge such as a church, where one is not questioned why they are here, but how we can help one another.

If we questioned everyones reasons for coming to this forum, then I doubt anyone would get any help. Look at it this way, even if someone has an alterier motive that one might disapprove of, the information provided, may well help some one looking on who can use the information in a constructive way that you would.

Not every one who posts on this forum is going to agree or be able to help to everyones satisfaction, but their may be some who do and are helped, no one can say.

By reading facts not in evidence, is no more no less than what we are claiming of the VA. We should hold ourselves above this approach and accept everything on it's face as correct, unless proven otherwise.

Do you cut off the hand that is outstrecthed to you in friendship, just because you do not like the rings on the fingers of that hand?

Please turn the rhetoric down, it is hurting me as much as it does the person it is pointed to. This is not directed at anyone person, but a reminder to all, especially during this season of Thanksgiving and of kindness to our fellow man.

Blessed are the seasons for they shall replinish the Earth and nourish the Souls of Men and Women everywhere.

Jim S. ;)

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.