VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Need Some Help

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

Hello all I am service connected 70% 40% for broken back 30% for neuropathy of the legs and left arm. I go to the Va hospital in New jersey it is the Lyons facillity. I have been seeing a va doctor there for 6 months now. to make a long story short me and the dr butt heads alot i have seen him bout 10 times and he has not done or tried to do anything to help me. He just tells me im 30 pounds over weight and that is why my back still hurts not the fact that in 1999 i broke my back in 3 spots. He will not order any MRI's or other tests. I have tried to change primary doctors but no one at the va hospital will lead me in the write direcion they tell me he is my primary and that is it.

every time i see him alls he does is complain bout how he never gets a lunch break or a coffee break and disablled vets are waisting his time. I thought bout bringing a voice recorder next time i see him. Has anyone else had problems like this and what should i do. I am very confused.

Thank you in advance

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

kryptos,

I have been treated for back problems by the VA for 20 years. I am not post surgical. However, I have numerous herniated discs and ridiculopathy that were verified by MRI and EMG. I am surprised that a primary doctor would not refer you to the pain clinic, rehab medicine or physical therapy. My primary docotor always made referals when I complained of increased back pain. My pain comes and goes. thus. sometime I need more treatment and tests than others.

I am not sure that a primary doctor can schedule an MRI. Neurology, scheduled the NRI's at my VAMC. I was refered by the primary to rehab medicine then rehab medicine doctor wrote the request for the MRI and neurology scheduled it.

I have always suspected that the VA avoids ordering MRIs due to their high cost, so it is probably only done as a last resort in order to save VA money. I know that *I* haven't pressed for any MRIs for my back issues because I realize they're expensive and my back problem isn't serious enough for me to insist on one. Besides, I don't want to cost the VA any more $$ than I have to whether it's an MRI or something else.

I don't know if that's true on the VA's part -- avoiding costly medical tests to save money -- or if it's just my delusions kicking in again.

-- John D.

• HadIt.com Elder

March down to the patient advocates office. That is a form of patient abuse.Also include the director. I bet your not the only one who has a problem with this MD.

Is your Broken Back Service Connected?