Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Never Ceases To Amaze Me . . .

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Three plus yrs ago I helped a vet, whom I'd never met at the time, who had been receiving 50%, since VN, for wounds, file a claim for PTSD. They gave him 100% schedular for PTSD right out the door, w/o any appeals or anything. They failed to address Housebound (HB)as an inferred issue. In Feb of this yr, I sent a letter advising them of their error. Last week they called a CUE on themselves and awarded HB, retro to the date of the 100% schedular ward and deposited the retro in his account. Needless to say he likes me. I guess some vets are just lucky!

pr

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

That is just great Philip-

When the medical evidence warrants SMC and they do not consider SMC as inferred issue, they have committed a C

This is same basis as my CUE for SMC accrued.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

where is that VARO it sure can't be the one I am using glad to hear a great story thanks for sharing

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil:

Thanks for helping another Veteran. What did you cite to get them to call the CUE. I have a DRO Hearing on Oct 18th on that vary issue.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil, Good for you and that Vet! We are fortunate to have the same Hadit family name. Shared stories here are like the odd question presented to a lecturer; someone else in the audience usually benefits too. cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, here's the text of the claim. I do stand corrected, in that he was 60% when they awarded the 100% schedular, for PTSD and that's why he got the HB SMC so easily.

Dear Sirs:

Please consider this a claim for Special Monthly Compensation (SMC).

When a claimant is awarded 100% schedular for PTSD, inferred issues for SMC, such as Housebound and Aid and Attendance must be decided. No decision was made and therefore those issues remain open. Additionally I have multiple ratings which should add up to the 100% + 60% criteria for SMC.

Further I feel I am eligible for SMC because I am unable to leave my home to earn a living. I cannot do any cooking because I get distracted and I forget I’ve put something on the stove until the smoke detector goes off and I remember I’ve got something cooking. So there are safety issues, also.

Thanking you in advance, for your anticipated assistance, I remain . . .

Phil:

Thanks for helping another Veteran. What did you cite to get them to call the CUE. I have a DRO Hearing on Oct 18th on that vary issue.

Pete