VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Help!

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

I was released from US.ARMY due to my disability in NOV1994 (rated @40%) its getting so bad its hard to do many,many things to many to list. At the time I had 3 years Reserve 6 years total active service that included 2 tours of combat. Years has left me in sever and constant pain. I filed for an increase in Fl, after having to give up a job every one dreams about due to my service connected injury 2 years ago. It was year and half ago I filed, since then my family moved to IN to survive . we have went through thousands in savings and and the only end in site is our money. I did what I think is everything, written Congressman, my doctors have written the VA. is there anything someone can offer to help. I felt I've done everything that was requested of me I served my country worked hurt for years while being treated on a monthly basis to make a good life for me and mine. All our money is all but gone along with our life. Now we are stamped with the stigma of welfare and ashamed never thought I'd be begging for help. I'm scared,is there any advice or help from orgs I can seek for help.

Thanks For your help Rich C.

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

When you are moving from one state to another.

You should go to the FOIA (Freedom of Information ofice), of your VAMC, and get complete copies of all your medical records and Dr. notes printed out for you.

When you move to a new state take your records and Dr. notes, to the VAMC FOIA office and have the records scanned into the new VAMC system.

This could save you time.

Combat support in Suadi and in Somila the same. I sent out picture to VA I took while I was there dead people for miles in Kuwait I mean hundreds the smell will be etched in my brain for ever. People hanging all over too. Never fired a shoot there. Solmolia is a way different story fire fight got so hot one time it was coming from every dirrection (us being ARMY) called Batalion for supports they said your soldiers you have rifles fight back! it was huge, I think my 1st Sargent had a Vietnam flash back was standing on top a of a milevan shooting a 12 gauge shoot gun like he was crazy mad, and M203's launchin it was mayhem. Seem to last for ever. They would wait till night after that to start lighting us up, then they come out with rules of engagement it was a huge mess. Got to go GEN Aideeds compound to pick up Arms for food, we got there after driving hours on a mule road and traded food for his junk yard. We didn't pick up one working Vehicle just broken down junk not 1 gun crap broken every wheres. Then the same people attack us at night. They want us out of the old tack factory. we supported 10th Mount Div. Thanks for your help guys I have already started things rollin again because you.

RC

Edited by yoggie2