• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fourm Guidelines - Read

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Forum Terms & Rules

NOTE: There are required fields on the registration form, if you do not answer them your account will deleted without notice.

This is a moderated forum with rules please adhere to them or it will necessitate the deletion of your account. Anything a Moderator find to be erroneous is subject to review and deletion.

Everyone won't agree on many things, but the one thing we should agree on is that we are here so that no brother or sister veteran gets left behind, not on a jungle trail, not on a desert trail and not on a paper trail." Tbird

The biggest component of HadIt.com to help veterans is our very active discussion forum. Over 2000 registered users, with an average of about 100 posts per day. Please note that the discussion forum is made up of veterans just like you, they come to HadIt.com and its discussion forum from all over the world. Some come to ask questions, some come to help do research for other vets, some to answer questions, others come for the sense of community that HadIt.com provides and still others come just to provide an ear and shoulder to those veterans who have become weary.

There are some folks who for whatever reason sign on to discussion forums to cause disruption we discourage this by requiring a valid ISP email address when you register. However, we still have this problem the best advice is ignore them; they want a fight, a response, don't give it to them.

HadIt.com's discussion forum is "User Friendly" as long as posters do not cause division. We are not into censorship. We simply need to set forth some guidelines. These are aimed at maintaining harmony on the Web Forum. In the past we have only had a couple of incidents where someone was asked to leave the Discussion Group. When one person disrupts many then we feel it's time to take action.

No vulgar language

No offensive verbal assaults

No sexual connotations

Remember that most that come to our discussion forum have been wounded in one way or another. Be kind to each other, if angered take a day to respond. Personal attacks are not what we are about; we are about helping our brother and sister veterans.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

This is a NOT a secure website Do Not post private information such as name, addresses, phone numbers or social security numbers, etc.

If you want provide the information below:

Any other claims that have been awarded, can affect the handling of this claim, so if you can, provide as much information as possible about your current VA status. If you know the Disability Codes (DCs), then give those also. You can find them in 38CFR Chap 1, Part 4. if the VA did not/will not provide them.

This is NOT a secure web site, so if you do not wish to provide this information, we understand, and will help as much as possible in general terms. You can get most of the information for yourself, by researching the many links on this site.

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this hadit.com Veteran to Veteran LLC. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise is a violation of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Advertising on this site does not constituent endorsement of any advertisement by hadit.com Veteran to Veteran LLC, unless stated otherwise.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

i do not recommend folks to lie or file false claims that just hurts eveyone else.

please try and keep the discussions civil

my health is not so good right now and i know you what more of a response from me but this is all i have for now

Hope u feel better soon!

Let me explain one thing! I was not there for the enlistment of my roommate so I don't know what was said and done!

I made a statement saying that I didn't think that she should have been allowed into the military because I work with people with MH and I know how many of them fare under pressure and duress! Again, this was only my opinion!

Carlie posed a valid question and someone took that and ran with it with the accusation of fraud! I was defending my roommate by saying that recruiters are aggressive and that they bend the rules sometimes to allow recruits to enter.

Prior to entering the service she checked herself in and out of a MH clinic but came away with no clinical diagnosis because she couldn't afford treatment! I think that she joined the military out of desparation which is common for a lot of young people!

The question now becomes, did she lie or not to get into the service! She was not clinically diagnosed with depression.

Again, and I stress, I do not know what she answered on her enlistment papers! But aren't those questions subjective to clinical proof? Otherwise, wouldn't they be considered opinions since my roommate is not a medical expert?

The military discovered the MH problem while on active duty and after a brief hospitalization and a diagnosis of depression and a personality disorder, she was allowed to complete her enlistment.

Maybe the problem here is me because I believe that if the military allows someone to continue their service AFTER knowing that they have diagnosed conditions then the servicemember should be entitled just like everyone else!

Hope u feel better soon!

Let me explain one thing! I was not there for the enlistment of my roommate so I don't know what was said and done!

I made a statement saying that I didn't think that she should have been allowed into the military because I work with people with MH and I know how many of them fare under pressure and duress! Again, this was only my opinion!

Carlie posed a valid question and someone took that and ran with it with the accusation of fraud! I was defending my roommate by saying that recruiters are aggressive and that they bend the rules sometimes to allow recruits to enter.

Prior to entering the service she checked herself in and out of a MH clinic but came away with no clinical diagnosis because she couldn't afford treatment! I think that she joined the military out of desparation which is common for a lot of young people!

The question now becomes, did she lie or not to get into the service! She was not clinically diagnosed with depression.

Again, and I stress, I do not know what she answered on her enlistment papers! But aren't those questions subjective to clinical proof? Otherwise, wouldn't they be considered opinions since my roommate is not a medical expert?

The military discovered the MH problem while on active duty and after a brief hospitalization and a diagnosis of depression and a personality disorder, she was allowed to complete her enlistment.

Maybe the problem here is me because I believe that if the military allows someone to continue their service AFTER knowing that they have diagnosed conditions then the servicemember should be entitled just like everyone else!

I just wanted to get that out! I guess that I am over this subject now and will just go back to reading and learning and getting ready for my own claim! Thanks everyone and I didn't mean to offend anyone because even those I have disagreed with offers great insight and advise that could be useful to me in the future. Thanks ken

• Founder

jay you clearly state that you advise lying flat out lying on your claim. we cannot allow this

jay i cannot in good conscious allow this to stand. this is beyond the pale for me and am sorry to loose you, but you when you advocate lying you are no longer welcome

So you are saying the VA is responsible for a pre-existing condition?

Yes, as long as one's service had a negative impact on the pre-existing condition.

Are you advising veterans to lie?

Most certainly; as does everyone else on here in a round-about way.

Are you advising veterans to conceal information on their claims?

Yup.

I'm not going to go through and cut-n-paste every time someone has said, "make sure you say your life before service was fine", because just about everyone here has said something to that affect. Heck, the VA regs encourage lying in that they allow you to withhold ANY information that is detrimental to one's case (which is a form of lying). So take the holier than thou stuff elsewhere....

Be very careful how you answer this...

Again be careful because that what it sounds like to me....

These are threats, passive aggressive threats, but threats none-the-less and you should be banned......

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

So far I have only seen once on Hadit the advice to lie and than the audacity to say that everyone does it. Actually most of the time is not to lie. By the way the most common advice is not to dress up for a C&P is not a lie its strategic.

Lying of Forms that you swear to is the dumbest thing of all.

I also think that if someone is not entitled to win than so be it. The VA's job is to sort it out and I guess the liars don't help make things go any faster.

I cannot abide liars.

If you can't win your claim with the truth and evidence than move on.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I whole heartedly agree with Pete.

The VA has the resources to catch a Liar.

I personally dont want to risk the outcome of such activity.

Jail.

Believe me, That is where one is headed if they are caught in a lie.

And by the way, I am sure there are VA people who monitor this board.

I guess they can learn somthing.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I whole heartedly agree with Pete.

The VA has the resources to catch a Liar.

I personally dont want to risk the outcome of such activity.

Jail.

Believe me, That is where one is headed if they are caught in a lie.

And by the way, I am sure there are VA people who monitor this board.

I guess they can learn somthing.

J

For me, this is a scary issue! You have over 22,000 service members denied benefits for having pre-existing conditions thus denied benefits. Many are allowed to serve and die for this country but are denied benefits later because of a diagnosis of having a personality disorder that pre-existed the military service based on what they tell the military doctors or c&p examiners. Many will appeal and win their cases! But that would allow the government to use tactics such as legal prosecution to retaliate against them. Something like that could have a snowball effect especially with the recruiting woes we have now.

Herewithin lies the problem,