• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fourm Guidelines - Read

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Forum Terms & Rules

NOTE: There are required fields on the registration form, if you do not answer them your account will deleted without notice.

This is a moderated forum with rules please adhere to them or it will necessitate the deletion of your account. Anything a Moderator find to be erroneous is subject to review and deletion.

Everyone won't agree on many things, but the one thing we should agree on is that we are here so that no brother or sister veteran gets left behind, not on a jungle trail, not on a desert trail and not on a paper trail." Tbird

The biggest component of HadIt.com to help veterans is our very active discussion forum. Over 2000 registered users, with an average of about 100 posts per day. Please note that the discussion forum is made up of veterans just like you, they come to HadIt.com and its discussion forum from all over the world. Some come to ask questions, some come to help do research for other vets, some to answer questions, others come for the sense of community that HadIt.com provides and still others come just to provide an ear and shoulder to those veterans who have become weary.

There are some folks who for whatever reason sign on to discussion forums to cause disruption we discourage this by requiring a valid ISP email address when you register. However, we still have this problem the best advice is ignore them; they want a fight, a response, don't give it to them.

HadIt.com's discussion forum is "User Friendly" as long as posters do not cause division. We are not into censorship. We simply need to set forth some guidelines. These are aimed at maintaining harmony on the Web Forum. In the past we have only had a couple of incidents where someone was asked to leave the Discussion Group. When one person disrupts many then we feel it's time to take action.

No vulgar language

No offensive verbal assaults

No sexual connotations

Remember that most that come to our discussion forum have been wounded in one way or another. Be kind to each other, if angered take a day to respond. Personal attacks are not what we are about; we are about helping our brother and sister veterans.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

This is a NOT a secure website Do Not post private information such as name, addresses, phone numbers or social security numbers, etc.

If you want provide the information below:

Any other claims that have been awarded, can affect the handling of this claim, so if you can, provide as much information as possible about your current VA status. If you know the Disability Codes (DCs), then give those also. You can find them in 38CFR Chap 1, Part 4. if the VA did not/will not provide them.

This is NOT a secure web site, so if you do not wish to provide this information, we understand, and will help as much as possible in general terms. You can get most of the information for yourself, by researching the many links on this site.

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this hadit.com Veteran to Veteran LLC. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise is a violation of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Advertising on this site does not constituent endorsement of any advertisement by hadit.com Veteran to Veteran LLC, unless stated otherwise.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The rules the moderators use here are not very strict. In the past there were people who came here just to disrupt the board. It got everyone up in arms and that is why we have moderators. Posts may sometimes end up in cyberspace but I think it is just a SNAFU and not intentional censorship. As long as you don't call others names or get too political in a partisan way you are fine. We all have disagreements because we have different backgrounds and experiences. Some of us are old farts who remember the bad old days at the VA. Most have gotten rough treatment by the military or VA or we would not be here posting. If we just keep it civil and don't respond to those who piss us off we can be OK. If someone pisses you off just don't respond. The topics move so quickly it will be forgotten in a day. Half the people here have MH issues from the military and the other half have MH issues from dealing with the VA. If you can climb over the VA barbwire without leaving a little chunk of flesh you are rare and fortunate. No one is 100% right about everything.

I accept the forum rules and thank TBird for the reminder. I've learned a lot by coming here and reading through the threads and others postings.

I also appreciate this post, as it is eloquently...yet delicately stated. Thanks!

Berta & all,

The advise is appreciated. I think my socks were down so I missed this and I want out of this box.

Men and women-Sam only insulted me-as far as I know-

it was Cloudcroft who insulted all members who 'go by the book' to give advise here-

He considers us to be naive and in denial.

I brought this up with Pete but found his response to me had missed the point.

I certainly will come aboard to use the search feature and yesterday a member posted an excellent BVA decision-which I will respond to-

but to continue to give claims advise here ?

No -----because I go by the book-

why? ----because VA does----

I am sure Pete and Cloudcroft will be happy to advise you on your specific claims.

Kent.. it is only a name if it is inaccurate... otherwise it is a DESCRIPTION. I dont remember calling you a name, but I did state quite clearly that people attempting to file fraudulent claims will have their posts closed. Period. Your trying to find out information on how to file a claim for a friend you admitted lied on enlistment about a prior-service condition - and that is the condition that he/she is trying to file for! Thats makes he/she a liar (by definition) and a fraud (again by definition). It also speaks poorly toward your own character, but I will leave that alone.

I didn't call you any names Kent, not now nor in my PM (which I sent a copy of to Tbird. So let me make this clear, if someone lies, they are a liar. If someone cheats they are a cheater. If someone spits, they are a spitter - look up the difference between an adjective and a noun.

As long as Tbird allows me to be a moderator - I will not allow anyone to try and post questions about illegally fileing for compensation if I know they are doing so. Period. We cannot and will not allow anyone to think that we are helping veterans file for compensation they do not deserve. We are here to help veterans work thru the massive and sometimes unfair system the VA burdens us with. We are not here to coach people, or help them make their claims look worse than they are... we just want to make sure they look as bad as they are - with properly supporting documentation.

I follow the guidelines and rules here... just like anyone else. If you feel that I have not please message another moderator, or Tbird. Specifically message Pete53, as he is still my moderator mentor. Rest assured the situation will be delt with.

Berta, could you please email me? I'd like to speak with you if possible.

Bob Smith

Oh, and something I have been meaning to say. When we are forced to remove someones posts and/or ban them... its any forum they have posted into I think. I think the whole thread disappears sometimes or just the same day posts in other cases. This does not mean that someone else did anything wrong, simply that their post was included somehow in the deletion automatically. Normally before we delete a post we inform the member why we are doing so. If you were not contacted and your post disappeared it is not likely that you were in any way at fault. Please dont not be upset, since this is odd and just happens sometimes without our control and we cannot retrieve a comment once it has been deleted in most cases.

Sometimes we close a thread because it is either going way off the rails, or is inflammatory in nature. Normally we state WHY we are closing these threads within the thread. Sometimes we move thread to other areas, if they do not belong under claims advise... we normally agajin state why we are doing so either within the thread or to the person who started the thread in a PM.

Bob Smith

Kent.. it is only a name if it is inaccurate... otherwise it is a DESCRIPTION. I dont remember calling you a name, but I did state quite clearly that people attempting to file fraudulent claims will have their posts closed. Period. Your trying to find out information on how to file a claim for a friend you admitted lied on enlistment about a prior-service condition - and that is the condition that he/she is trying to file for! Thats makes he/she a liar (by definition) and a fraud (again by definition). It also speaks poorly toward your own character, but I will leave that alone.

That's a bogus rationale imho. We KNOW the VA uses ANYTHING prior to enlistment against the veteran and we encourage people to say their life was fine before service all the time as a result. If the VA played by these same imaginary codes of conduct you preach there wouldn't be a need to lie, but I've seen many veterans denied claims because of things that happened before/after service DESPITE also having similar issues while in service. In fact, a new poster here is going through EXACTLY that problem...she divulged stuff that happened to her before/after her military service and the VA has used it as a basis for denial of SC despite proof that similar things happened while in service that impacted her condition.

So, take your definitions elsewhere and quit trying to rationalize your words...vets should NEVER give the VA info about what happened before/after service because it is ALWAYS used against them.

I find this rant sad from a moderator......

Oh, and something I have been meaning to say. When we are forced to remove someones posts and/or ban them... its any forum they have posted into I think. I think the whole thread disappears sometimes or just the same day posts in other cases. This does not mean that someone else did anything wrong, simply that their post was included somehow in the deletion automatically. Normally before we delete a post we inform the member why we are doing so. If you were not contacted and your post disappeared it is not likely that you were in any way at fault. Please dont not be upset, since this is odd and just happens sometimes without our control and we cannot retrieve a comment once it has been deleted in most cases.

Sometimes we close a thread because it is either going way off the rails, or is inflammatory in nature. Normally we state WHY we are closing these threads within the thread. Sometimes we move thread to other areas, if they do not belong under claims advise... we normally agajin state why we are doing so either within the thread or to the person who started the thread in a PM.

I say we remove this post: http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=63064 , because I find it offensive.