• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fourm Guidelines - Read

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Forum Terms & Rules

NOTE: There are required fields on the registration form, if you do not answer them your account will deleted without notice.

This is a moderated forum with rules please adhere to them or it will necessitate the deletion of your account. Anything a Moderator find to be erroneous is subject to review and deletion.

Everyone won't agree on many things, but the one thing we should agree on is that we are here so that no brother or sister veteran gets left behind, not on a jungle trail, not on a desert trail and not on a paper trail." Tbird

The biggest component of HadIt.com to help veterans is our very active discussion forum. Over 2000 registered users, with an average of about 100 posts per day. Please note that the discussion forum is made up of veterans just like you, they come to HadIt.com and its discussion forum from all over the world. Some come to ask questions, some come to help do research for other vets, some to answer questions, others come for the sense of community that HadIt.com provides and still others come just to provide an ear and shoulder to those veterans who have become weary.

There are some folks who for whatever reason sign on to discussion forums to cause disruption we discourage this by requiring a valid ISP email address when you register. However, we still have this problem the best advice is ignore them; they want a fight, a response, don't give it to them.

HadIt.com's discussion forum is "User Friendly" as long as posters do not cause division. We are not into censorship. We simply need to set forth some guidelines. These are aimed at maintaining harmony on the Web Forum. In the past we have only had a couple of incidents where someone was asked to leave the Discussion Group. When one person disrupts many then we feel it's time to take action.

No vulgar language

No offensive verbal assaults

No sexual connotations

Remember that most that come to our discussion forum have been wounded in one way or another. Be kind to each other, if angered take a day to respond. Personal attacks are not what we are about; we are about helping our brother and sister veterans.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

This is a NOT a secure website Do Not post private information such as name, addresses, phone numbers or social security numbers, etc.

If you want provide the information below:

Any other claims that have been awarded, can affect the handling of this claim, so if you can, provide as much information as possible about your current VA status. If you know the Disability Codes (DCs), then give those also. You can find them in 38CFR Chap 1, Part 4. if the VA did not/will not provide them.

This is NOT a secure web site, so if you do not wish to provide this information, we understand, and will help as much as possible in general terms. You can get most of the information for yourself, by researching the many links on this site.

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this hadit.com Veteran to Veteran LLC. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise is a violation of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Advertising on this site does not constituent endorsement of any advertisement by hadit.com Veteran to Veteran LLC, unless stated otherwise.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Personally I kinda LIKE to argue a point, but... I have found through very hard experience that if you are angered by what someone posts, its best to take a breather before you reply...

Often people disagree with my views, and I with theirs, all I asdk is that they show me where I am wrong based on CFR 38, M21-1 and VACA law. I am wrong ALL the time. You cannot help but be since these regulations cover thousands of typed pages. The elders here all know the common answers, and they have VERY good advise on how to attack certain claims, each with their own specialty.... but no one knows it all.

Further while I personally understand the ... well rage I guess that some feel toward the VA system, we all have to understand that it is what is at fault. Not the people, not the doctors, the system. Almost ALL of us agree that the system is at best ponderous and slow. Often the raters are under-trained, or inexperienced... again this serves only to worsen the problem. Yet, I have seen amazingly wonderful people within the VA system. I count many of the as my friends.

In the end we are all here to help someone through this mess. Let me attach an email I received yesterday...

THIS IS BIG !!!!! I AM FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I HAVE BEEN BACK FROM THE WAR GOING TO BE ABLE TO BEGIN TO FEEL LIKE A NORMAL PERSON SOMEWHAT.TO BE ABLE TO PAY MY BILLS ON TIME, PAY DOWN DEBTS,...BREATHE EASIER!!!!!!! i HAVE NOT DATED ANYONE SINCE iVE BEEN BACK,.... FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS ,.... BUT ONE BIG ONE WAQS THAT ,.... i HAD NOTHING TO OFFER THEM. i MEAN,... i COULDNT EVEN TAKE THEM TO A MEAL,.... PAY FOR A DATE. I HAVE BEEN SO DAMN LONELY. NOW ,.... I CAN TAKE SOMEONE OUT AND BE ABLE TO PAY FOR IT.I KNOW THIS ALL SOUNDS TRIVIAL,.... BUT IT IS MISERABLE BEING LONELY,..... WHEN YOU HAVE LITTLE TO OFFER SOMEONE. I DONT MEAN THAT I FELT THAT I HAD TO HAVE ALOT OF MONEY TO BE WORTHY OF SOMEONE. BUT,.... A MAN DOES NEED TO BE ABLE TO SHOW SOME STABILITY,ECT, ECT.

ANYWAY BOB,.... YES OF COURSE I WILL MAKE A DONATION TO SAVE THE CHILDREN. I AM SO VERY HAPPY AND GRATEFUL TO YOU . AND IT SADDENS ME TO HEAR OF YOUR ILLNESS.BOB,.... IF YOU THINK OF SOMETHING NEEDING DONE THAT YOU THINK I CAN DO OR HELP YOU DO,.... PLEASE!!!!!! LET ME KNOW.

BOB,....I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW HOW VERY PROUD OF YOU I AM, FOR ALL OF US THAT YOU HAVE TOOK UNDER YOUR WINGS AND HELPED US TO FLY ONCE AGAIN. AND SOON,.... VERY SOON,.....I WILL BE ABLE TO SOAR

This was from a vet who I had been working with since prior to his discharge. He just received his 100% rating, and obviously is happy. He asked me what he could do to repay me and I said if he must make a small donation to save the children.

IN the end I am not here to debate, argue or anything else even though I like to sometimes... I am here for guys and girls like John, and his family. A Captain in the Army discharged with a 20% severance.... after injury in Iraq.

That's what Hadit is about. And ANYONE who thinks they might come in and hinder that through silly childish bull needs to think again. This is too important, to both the veteran and us... because with cases like John's I reaffirm the whole reason I started veteran advocacy.

So, it's just too important. If some idiot wants to come in and harass someone like Berta (who by the way is one of the smartest most knowlegeable people I have ever met on case law)... well it's just a click of a button for them to go away. I have watched people attack others saying they were pro-VA, etc. That's bull. There is just no point in getting all fired up at them. Instead, with each claim I help win, I prove MY point. We have had retired raters... who give is incredible insight into what the VA may decide on a certain matter, but since what they said was not what someone wanted to hear they were attacked. An incredible resource who was attacked simply for saying what their years of experience tell them...

So, be polite.... disagree all you want but be POLITE about it. If you just cant stand what someone is saying, hit ignore. The only exception is if someone is giving BAD or wrong advise... bring that to the moderators attention. Also bring to our attention anything that you may feel is a personal or unwarrented attack. It will be acted upon.

Bob Smith

I agree with them all.

The saying goes," you get more with honey than you do with vinager". I do believe that. It really does work.

Have a great day!!!

tdak

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. "...Ronald Reagan

• HadIt.com Elder

Mr Shargo,

I don't know what your problem is.

But if you have a problem with Berta, Adora, Tom, TBird or anyone else on Hadit.com

you have a problem with me.

Do not contact me again in the future for any reason, not through Mail, email, phone or through the Hadit.com board.

Sencerily, Allan Opie

To: twkelly4@yahoo.com, allanopie@peoplepc.com

Subject: Re: I suppose you guys can handle this ...

Date: Sep 28, 2007 6:00 PM

In a message dated 9/28/2007 5:16:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, twkelly4@yahoo.com writes:

Sammy, about hadit.com.

Talk it over with tbird OR set up a new profile and watch what you

say.

Anyhow, you can find anything you might need in the line of research

at hadit without writing anything to anyone.

Thanks Tom, I'm ok, don't really need the folks at hadit and couldn't find t-birds email addy anyhow. If you talk to her though the thing I'm worried about is that this kinda thing happening makes me realize you must have some very disruptive people on the site. I'd just like t-bird to know that it isn't me so she STILL has whomever it might be posting, or looking for trouble from the way her post today sounded, at hadit. This shit must go way back because I recall you telling me once years ago that they were trying to figure who was doing what, my name had come up, and you said you defended me. That was a LONG time ago. Anyhow, don't need hadit and really have no questions at all about VA, everything is fine. I do appreciate you and Allen of course, feel free to blast me anytime with whatever you'd like to say. cc: Allen

• HadIt.com Elder

This is the last post I have on the matter.

This was sitting in my email box when I got home & my reply to MR SHARGO at AOL.com

I apologiize for ever stating I'M GLAD YOUR STILL AROUND and can assure the board members this is not the first time i've said something so stupid......Allan

####################################

Hello Sam,

Berta kicked you in the Balls? I wouldn’t take it personal. It’s probably just a reflex from dealing with the VA. Try wearing a catcher’s cup next time.

I missed it. Had to make a 300 mile round trip to the eye clinic at Spokane VAMC. Dr said weird vision problems due to increased nerve damage from MS. He said he was going to put in a referral to fee bases for another MRI. I don't expect it to be approved since it's for MS. My last VA PCP refused to prescribe incontinence guards, MRI’s, pain medication, etc.

It seems like they don’t appreciate complaints about there lousy care like they used to.

Another Writ is about to be submitted to the Court.

I start the tenth year on appeal next month. No action on claim since it was remanded from BVA to Appeals center, June 2006. The regional office level of review refuses to recognize evidence in the record since 2005.

I sent in a waiver of RO level of review. C-file has been collecting dust at the appeals center for 16 months this time around. When and IF the appeals center ever gets someone to actually look at the top page when they open the folder, it will be sent to the BVA to be decided on.

I'm sure that will amount to another two or maybe four years of collecting dust before that ever takes place.

I don’t spend a lot of time on hadit.com these days. I do know its dedication from folks like Berta that continually bring vets like me help. That lady should receive a medal for what she does.

Good to hear you’re still around Sam

Allan

#################################################

----- Original Message -----

To: twkelly4@yahoo.com ; allanopie@peoplepc.com

Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:53 PM

Subject: Tom and Allen ...

Well, looks like Berta already kicked me in the balls. Can't see why, my comment was sure was meant as a complement, as was naming you and Allen as being "hard nosed old timers." I know she's good with her VA stuff, but that little comment rubbed her just a bit too hard!! I realize I'm the newbie and she's just pissed at the other guy, but what ever happened to all the good old battles I used to have on hadit?

Well damnit, hey wait, I still even have Allen's email, haven't talked to him since he was first filing his Writ, lemme see ... ok, the old addy I have on Allen was added, if you know it's an old one Tom please forward a copy of this email. Just wanna know, did I do something wrong? OH SHIT, I mentioned Adora too, and that was also meant as a complement, Jesus, I can even remember back to the nineties!

Well ok then, I'll just ask you guys then ... am I f##kin up ALREADY?? Damn!

I would like to add that while a person can create a new identity... they (normally) cannot fake their IP. All moderators can see the IP address of each person who posts, no matter the screen-name. Now I'm kinda good with computers and I will say that there are ways to fudge an IP, but the normal person doesn't know them... and wont be able to do them.

So, if you were a problem child, and if you decide to come back, we will still know who you are. If it's been a while, you will probably be given a second chance without even being told we know who you are, but it's a probationary one at best. So if you were banned, and try to come back... be very careful and polite.

We seem to have the same people causing the same problems.... but I think we all are getting a bit tired of it. It's simple.... disagree all you want but be polite. Use something called tact (I have been told it does actually exist).

Further be VERY sensative to the nature of some of our members. Sometimes people post messages that can be called "alarmist" in nature. Some of our members literally have very traumatic spells from these. It is the nature of their illness, and is made worse by these posts. Please, if you are posting something that is not fact, but is simply a discussion state so IN BOLD LETTERS. I have seen members who seem to enjoy posting this type of message, and stirring up a hornets nest. People if it's speculation STATE SO... otherwise all you will do is panic some very fragile veterans, and most likely get some negative reaction from us. Period.

Bob Smith

Allan,

No need to reply but I have known you from other boards and I have ALWAYS found you to be the voice of reason. You consistently ignore all the crap, and post important information that veterans should know. Even on another board where flame wars are the norm, with "socks", and our "lettle" friend, you just plow right on posting you comments and links (though the due to copyright thing used to annoy the heck outa me).

Simply put, you have been a benefit to any community that I have been a part of. Also, just because you know someone, doesnt mean you agree with what they are doing. People change, I know I am ... calmer I guess than in the past. Maybe the meds are working... I dont know. While I view this as a positive change, people also change for the worse, and while you knew someone from long ago, and say hello... that doesn't associate you with their current behavior.

Berta is an incredile resource to Hadit and an extreamly dedicated veterans advocate. I have spolen with her at length about her ability to fight the big battles that I simply do not have. I personally believe that assets like her and Vike need to be protected from harassment... otherwise we will lose them. Plain and simple. While your stance is admirable, you cannot be faulted for knowing someone, nor for their actions. I have been off the board for months - sick, so I missed most of it, but I know a few facts, and one of them is that you are a consistently modest, tactful, and knowlegeable guy who is really trying to help.

In short, while I admire your actions... I dont think for a minute that anyone thought you were supporting his activities. Please do not cease in posting your information... it is of very significant importance.

Bob Smith