VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Medication Works As Good As Alpralasom On Ptsd

Rate this topic

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Well if you are using alprazolam or xanax for panic attacks I don't think anything works better.

I think I felt the best when I was taking effexor with a combination of clonapen. I don't take it anymore because the VA doesn't stock the continious release and the other kind was too strong for me. Almost all meds have side affects. I have tried just about everything and some are worse than others and the side affects hit people differently. Unfortunately, with these types of meds sometimes we have to try them and see how it goes. Read about your meds and keep a calender to write down side affects and rate how bad they are. Also, you can use this to tell if your meds are helping with your symptoms. You can show this to your doctor and decide together if the med is working and if the side affects are to much. Good luck and hang in there.

• 2 weeks later...

They all have side effects .... that's part of your treatment. lol

I take Mirtazapine (Remeron), Queitapine Fumarate, for Nightmare Exacerbation,

and Clonazepam for Anxiety. These are my current MH drugs.

Hope this helps a vet.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Klonopin is sort of like alprazolam but it it slower and last longer. It is often used at bedtime and for other treatments like restless leg syndrom. I have never used it but know people who swear by it.