VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Medication Works As Good As Alpralasom On Ptsd

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Paxil is good for anxiety. It takes a few weeks for it to start working. You can use it and something like clonazepam. I take clonazepam and I like it. You have to come off slowly if you start to build a tolerance. You know I have been taking narcotics for about 8 or nine years so I know about tolerance.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stay far away from seroquil, quitapane, bad stuff, research it

Has anyone been given any medication that they can say works good on PTSD with little or no side effects. One that works as good as Alpralasom.

Danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

xanax can build a pretty bad addiction if you abuse it. It is fast acting unlike some of the others. I am weaning myself off oxycodone and that is hard because I have pain, and I have been taking the stuff for so long I don't feel normal without it in my system. I find the VA and private pain management doctors unhelpful in general. The private doctors want to do operations and nerve blocks because that is where the money is, and the VA just wants to give me a bottle of morphine. In this day and age you would think that they could do better with pain and anxiety disorders. Let's hope the VA does not decide that lobotomy is a cure for PTSD, or there will be a lot of guys drooling and staring at the wall. All the drugs for PTSD and pain have side effects. Most are addictive in some way or the other.

I was just taken off of Trazodone because it wasn't having any effect. Received a supply of Zolpidem Tartrate (Ambein) today. Anyone tried it?

Ruffcreek

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, Ambien is pretty good stuff. Just be aware that it can cause amnesia sometimes. Don't take it unless you have at least 8 hours to sleep. It works fast, and you may just pass out sitting in a chair 30 minutes after you take it. No warning but you just wake up a few hours later wondering what happened. Also, rebound insomnia is a problem if you take it more than a few days. If you want to go to sleep at 10pm take it at 9:30 and you will be out.

WOW...Sounds kind of scary to me. I have been sleeping very irregular hours with the nightmares and such as many others with PTSD can testify to also. I have just gotten used to my CPAP to where it dosen't interupt my sleep. Only the nightmares, etc. Guess this should knock me out but the side effects kind of worry me. I'm going to have to do more research and talk to my non-VA Dr at my appointment on Friday.

Thanks for your comment 999.

Ruffcreek