Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Va Experience

Rate this question

Big

Question

I have had back problems for many years.(non service)and had back surgery a few years ago(non Va. hospital.)

I started using Va. medical treatment 21/2 years ago with my bad back being the main subject. Over a two year period I finally got to the MRI stage and was seen by a neurologist

He told me there was nothing he could do. I asked my primary doc. for a second opinion and was told I could'nt get one at the Va. and I was sent to pain management.

I went to an outside neurologist and was in surgery within three weeks.

That was just two months ago and now the pain is gone other than the soreness from surgery.

Thank God I have ins. because i will not use Va. medical anymore.

Big

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When I fill out my request for a refill of the morphine I have to fill out a questionaire on my pain and the side effects of the meds. This is pretty damn good evidence since I write all sorts of things on it including the fact the meds depress me and make me fall down. This all goes into the medical file. As far as really getting to the root cause of my pain, fagetaboutit. The VA docs just push pills and the private docs push procedures (money).

I have had lumps around the joints of my right pinkie finger for several years now. I have no use of the digit at all. It has been painful but now a lot of times half of my right hand is numb and tingley all the way up to my elbow. Told this to my primary care doc in july. She just blew it all off, the numbness being a result of the way I sleep. Now my left pinky is hurting too but at least it doesn't look so obviously deformed......yet. Just typical VA care.

Liz

• HadIt.com Elder

my docs write me for percocets and between them and Kroger brand PMs I get on sale about twice a year for 2.14 a bottle (I stock up 12 boxes) I get 3-5 hours at a time if it ain't the back pain it's the damn nightmares besides my wife let me buy a hot tub and it helps relieve the pain and then excerises in the pool take the tension out of the back then the scooter they gave me lets me get around the neighborhood rofl I am hell on wheels the neighbors call me that damn crazy old vet lol what I am supposed to care?

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had lumps around the joints of my right pinkie finger for several years now. I have no use of the digit at all. It has been painful but now a lot of times half of my right hand is numb and tingley all the way up to my elbow. Told this to my primary care doc in july. She just blew it all off, the numbness being a result of the way I sleep. Now my left pinky is hurting too but at least it doesn't look so obviously deformed......yet. Just typical VA care.

Liz

I can tell you how to for get about the pain in your pinkies get the hammer out and smack your right big toe I promise all you will think about is your flucking toe rofl

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Play nice, kids.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph