VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Three C&p's Scheduled, Two Ortho, One Psych.

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I mean, the VA Medical Center has been taking care of me since the first of the year, and they have diagnosed Major Depression Disorder (that's the psych claim, secondary to pain resulting from my SC'd condition). So, they have been prescribing medication for my MDD, and it makes me better, as long as I take it regulary.

Should I take it, and show up at my psych C&P appearing relatively "normal"?

Then, the Ortho C&P's, same thing....the VAMC has been providing me with codiene and some other stuff (makes me better, takes away most of my pain, I can sleep 2 - 3 hours a night now).

Same question, should I take my pain meds and show up at my Ortho C&P's "numb"? Or show up like I would be IF I didn't have the VA's meds "on board"?

I mean, I can really see them saying "claimant did NOT appear to be in any pain......yada, yada", and do NOT think for a second that they wouldn't do just exactly THAT.

Which, of course, brings up ANOTHER silly question:

Why can't they just accept THEIR OWN DOCTOR'S previous dianosis? Why even HAVE a C&P?

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

All pain medication does is mask the real problem...it doesn't help resolve the underlying condition...and like most medication...after awhile your body will build up a resistance to the effectivenss of the dosage you are taking...hence the doctor will perscribe a higher dosage or a stronger pain medication regime...A person has a choice to take the medication to relieve the pain that is a result of the real physical condition or bear with it...so if one so choose not to take there medication a day or so beforhand..(this is pain medication only) then that is there choice THERE IS NO FRAUD intended...there are many many people out there that choose not to take medication for the sole purpose to releive the pain...most pain medication I have taken in my life causes me to want to sleep...some people may feel dizzy all the time...other's will develope stomach ulcers ect...there are secondary conditons that will emerge for long term use of certain pain medications...LarryJ...you are an honorable man...my prayers are with you that your issure is resolved swiftly with the VA

MT

• HadIt.com Elder

"If one Vet goes off their Meds due to this thread than it has been harmful"

Now I guess that I have been accused of starting a "harmful" post!

When, fer cripes sake, did I EVER suggest, indicate, encourage ANYONE to go off their meds.

Look schmucks! DO NOT GO OFF YOUR MEDS!

I give up.

I will not post again on this board.

All I wanted was a little help.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

P.S. I consider myself duly warned. I don't go where I ain't welcome.

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry J,

For what it is worth and I certainly have little knowledge of the VA system.

Command of the English Language is knowledge.

I knew exactly what you were asking.

Trust that you received my P.M.

My thoughts only,

Josephine

(Betty)

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry that you took it personally Larry J. I was trying to throw some cold water on this thread as more than one were starting to be sarcastic and spiteful.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

just a humble rater's opinion. someone on this thread said it all came down to range of motion, and that is a fact. you can grunt, grimace, limp, and make every kind of pain gesture you want, and it is worth exactly 10 percent for objective evidence of painful motion. if you want to get beyond that, higher evaluations require limited range of motion or evidence of ligamentous instability. with certain exceptions, such as unspecified foot disability 5284 which is mild, moderate and severe, and therefore much more open to subjective factors.

as for the fraud issue, i think it is beside the point. when you are talking fraud, you are talking about a specific, prosecutable offense. such as receiving benefits based on blindness when you are not blind (seen that twice, va WILL go after that. there is a vet sitting in jail right now in florida for that). fraud is NOT failing to take your meds. so if not taking your meds will affect range of motion, consider it. the idea is to rate the disability accurately.