Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Test

Rate this topic

Flatbroke

Hey Larry, I did my sleep study at home, the VA contracted out to a company called Sleep Solutions. They sent me thier machine and I used it for 3 nights in my own bed, sent the machine back and they came up with diagnoses of sleep apena. Then they sent me a machine called and ipap I think to check and see what level air I needed. I used that for 2-3 nights. Just picked up my cpap machine from VA last week and getting used to it.

good luck, Stillhere

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a second sleep test Oct 4th and was told the doctor would have to review results then set things up to ship a CPAP machine would probably take two weeks or so. Monday was a holiday and I got a call today, they are shipping a machine in the next couple of days. So I will have it hopefully by Monday.

Also took a stress test by chemical means today. Oct Th and I will say the nurses, doctors, and all were very good at Harry S Truman in Columbia. They explained everything as we went along and kept checking on me continuously during the test and during recovery.

Good news is the doc said that my heart looks pretty good , no major blockages that he could see, only have high blood pressure. Now where could a guy with PT SD, border line Diabetic, waiting on a DRO hearing in 2 weeks get high blood pressure.

Now if things go well on the 24th at the DORO hearing in St. Louis that will ease things up a little. :rolleyes:

I checked my blood pressure this morning after taking my daily BP meds and was 166/104. I too am border line diabetic, of course nothing to do dioxin right. I just got denied on agent diabetes as a secondary condition due exposure to dioxin in Nam in 68-69.

I had the med induced Stress test also about a year ago, by a private doctor. I stopped them before they got my heart rate as high as they wanted to, because I was getting sick at my stomach. I don't know this means or if it means anything but when I told them I was getting sick, one tech told the other one to turn off the IV and the other one said he was dropping before I turned the IV off.

I have been waiting on an 30% award letter and a direct deposit on 1 year retro of ten years for a couple of weeks now. I hoping I will get something this week.

I need to stay chilled and not have a heart attack now. I still got some things to do. I have found a new angle on getting a little more sleep than I have in the past. This might be some good info for anyone who has COPD or breathing problem, get you a auto-ajustable bed and raise the head of the bed also setting straight up and bow it up at the foot, so you don't slide down in the bed and it helps the get a little longer sleep before you have to get up and do another breathing treatment, this helps unless you have one of those 40 year ago bad dreams. On those nights the bed adjustment doesn't help you any.

Danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

You should get a sleep study done. I used to use 5 or 6 pillows so I was raised up and slept on my side. With my CPAP I sleep on 1 pillow flat on my back

• HadIt.com Elder

I haven't been able to sleep on my back in....well, heck, it's been so long that I can't remember. And, I'm not that much overweight (6'3", 238lbs.). Wellll, OKAY, I'm a leeetle bit overweight....maybe...some... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
WHAT IS THE DISABILITY RATING FOR SLEEP APNEA, the reality rating, if any? My VA Psychatrist initiated a Sleep Study for my sleep problems. It was with a private VA Contractor. Result was: Severe Sleep Apnea and my local VAMC issue a CPAC machine, immediately.

Then, I filed a VA claim for Sleep Apnea as Secondary to PTSD and since I was a Combat Vet, RVN 1968. I haven't heard anything in 8 months now and my VARO has no record of the claim, whatsoever, so-says various IRIS inquirees..... the JERKS !!!!! :o

Yes, I know that the issue of a CPAP machine may result in a 50% disability rating, maybe. But............. ???????? ;)

Sleep apena with a CPAP machine for me was 50 percent, But letter when I finally got the VA to admit service conection for broncitios they just added that to the sleep apena Good Luck

Jim