Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Is Trying To Sway My Doctor..

Rate this question

robert51

Question

So i have been seeing a doctor now 2 times a month for 2 years and she wrote me a great report that helped a lot to get me SSD a year ago and this last time i am in her office and i know she see's other PTSD VA patients as a sub contractor ... well i get part of what i spend back (VA pays cheap ) i get about 1/3 back of what i spend to see her as a private doctor IMO ... by submitting her bill to me and a report to cover my seeing a doctor for a service connected disability twice a month... This session she says to me the VA doctor called her and told her (((( Many vets get on disability and get used to the income as many of them did not hold good jobs before so they the vets tend to want to stay ((( collecting ))) like a retirment for ever and vets can be very good at making something little seems like a big deal... I say... remember FTA well for me its FTG ... i told my doctor if you are going to start acting like a va bean counter i guess we should part ways... This is why a vet has to have the right to have a lawyer ...

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

After my 30 day hospitalization at the VA in Dallas in 1991 as I was saying my goodbyes I thanked an especially caring nurse and told her as much as I liked her I hoped that I would never see her again. She said "I hope so because so many who have stayed as long as you keep coming back" It struck me as strange but I did have 2 more hospitalizations and after each one I vowed not to go back.

In reality after you have not been employed for 16 years there is not a chance in hell I could get my old type of jobs back nor earn much more than minimum wage at best I did make one major effort to get back to work in 1999 but the VA screwed me on that effort.

So the long and the short of it is that most who are 100% VA are never going back to work for one reason or another. In 1995 I accepted that I was retired and decided to live with it.

I would love to be able to go out and do the work I used to do cause it paid well and had lots of benefits and at my peak I was making 5 times what the VA is paying me now.

I have run into more than one VA types who begrudge Veterans who are service connected and it is stupid cause if they did not have service connected veterans the VA would dump them like a hot rock

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Well, "intentional neurological symtoms" has to be an intriguing observation, to say the least. I guess one would have to be "pretty" good at accomplishing that one without radiographic evidence to support his/her over "exaggeration" of symptoms. I have never filed a PTSD claim and don't know the in/outs of one. But the individual would have to be "darn" good at mind over matter, which in essence is what I presume the article is attempting to point out, in order to consistently "fake" his/her physical symptoms...right?

Anyway...I hope everything goes okay for you Robert51.

• HadIt.com Elder

An Honorable discharge earns you the right to consistent receive treatment by DVA health care staff, that your a bum faking those MRI's, lab tests and xrays.

There is testimony on this board that tells you how important caring for our COMBAT veteran is by those that rate us. Pure BS.

I've spent months in mental health outreach and listened to the combat Vietnam vet state, time and time again how the Dept of VA has

treated them like bums looking for a free ride.

The beef these federal workers have with any of us, is that they have to give any of us anything. They have a personal "obvious" prejudice against the veteran receiving anything for their service. In my experience, VA Dr's that provide your health care through DVA rating officers prejudicial lenses, should be considered a health risk. If we all refuse to be seen by them, they will eventually be removed.

What good is paying someone that no one will go to with so many of us seeking care?

Ask your Dr or PCP if they are a Veteran. It won't take long to see the difference in care you recieve for yourself.

I believe there is a direct connection with VA Dr's and the DVA ratings division. I also believe VA Dr's work toegether with VARO ratings to set you up for denials on your ratings, by salting your health records with false and inacurate statements.

VAMC DR's will intentionally ignor neurologic evidence of brain lesions, spinal disorders and toxic exposures.

It's all about the bean counters.

Allan

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the bean counters see a large liability coming from aging Vietnam vets and Iraq vets and want to do whatever they can to cap the amount of compensation they will have to pay. All hail the ruling elite and screw the ones who do the dirty work.

• HadIt.com Elder

The point being is that if you have the diagnosis of PTSD you have been screened for malingering. I have lived with, associated with and had the honor of helping many PTSD Viet Nam veterans. I have never met one with the diagnosis of PTSD who was a malingerer. If anything is occuring there are doctors who drag their feet to make a diagnosis.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

Perhaps the VA doc that made these statements to your private doc has read or participated in this study. I am not in agreement with the outcome of this study.

http://www.ncptsd.va.gov/ncmain/nc_archive...amp;echorr=true

carlie

well that was a bunch of bull if i ever read any.... hey there is a fix to this PTSD and that is ... send only the highley educated and rich to war then they being so smart and rich will not want or need any type of help or comp....