VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Approved For Ssdi Medical Requirements Waiint On Non Medical?

Rate this question

10thFO

Question

I'm kind of curious about the letter I recieved that states they will make a decision on my non-medical requirements soon. Second notice to come? Is it typical to receive this second notice or does that mean there is an issue with my work credits and it will get denied?

I had an in office visit with SS and was denied first, then hired a lawyer, as I didn't have the patience to deal with the SSDI office as dealing with the VARO about sent me off the deep end for good. Unfortunately for me my attorney is out of the office this week. She stands to make about 12-18 grand on me, and she is out of the office? LOL. Oh too much.

Does anyone know if the Lawyer gets to take 25% of the back pay for my child? Just curious about that, I need that money to pay off my adoption loan.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

SSD regulates how much the lawyer can be paid. It is usually 25% of the retro up to a fixed amount. You could call Social Security and find out what the Lawyer will get. You should have a contract that spells it out for you. I don't know but I doubt that they can touch your children's award

I'm kind of curious about the letter I recieved that states they will make a decision on my non-medical requirements soon. Second notice to come? Is it typical to receive this second notice or does that mean there is an issue with my work credits and it will get denied?

I had an in office visit with SS and was denied first, then hired a lawyer, as I didn't have the patience to deal with the SSDI office as dealing with the VARO about sent me off the deep end for good. Unfortunately for me my attorney is out of the office this week. She stands to make about 12-18 grand on me, and she is out of the office? LOL. Oh too much.

Does anyone know if the Lawyer gets to take 25% of the back pay for my child? Just curious about that, I need that money to pay off my adoption loan.

in oregon they (the lawyer) gets 25% OR up to 5,300 which is the max they can get ...

• HadIt.com Elder

You should check with the SS office...I recall a cap on the award regardless of what you signed...12-18 k is not within reason. As far as your child goes, that money is hands off for the lawyer.