Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Me Please

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

I just called the 1800 number and they told me they are working on my claim for increase and i also have a congressional claim what is a congressional claim????

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Are you sure they didn't say "Congressional Inquiry". If so, that means someone at the senators office or maybe a state delegate has made an inquiry into the status of your claim on your behalf. These are only done if you have contacted one of the bigger elected officials and asked for some help in finding out what is going on with your claim or expediting it.

As for the VSO if you filed for an increase who did you file it with, or who sent in the paperwork? A VSO, Veteran Service Organization, like the American Legion, DAV, or Purple Heart, or maybe even your state's county veteran officer.

Your screen name is Kryptos, doesn'tmean you have to encrypt everything here. If you need help, let us know what all you have done to this point. I'm surprised that you called the 800 # but didn't know what a VSO is. Sorry just seems odd to me. If you need help ask questions in more detail so we can help you more.

I'm not sure what is ment by a congressional claim if you have not contacted a congressman.

I would suggest calling the # again and checking on your claim. Quite often you can get several different answers from these poeple in a day. If you get the same answer, ask them what they mean by congressional claim and explain that you have not contacted your congresional office. If someone has initiated a congressional inquiry find out what congressman and who inquired. You may need to call the congressperson to find out who inquired. These inqiries can delay the claim.

If someone helped you do the paper work to file you may have a power of attorney for a veterans service organization (VSO). It's not likely they would have contacted a congressional office without your knowledge but it could happen. Claims can be submitted by VA personel or directly by the veteran so you may not have a VSO. Many don't know what a VSO is.

I did'nt see a problem with your post. It was clear enough to me. ("what is a congressional claim") I don't need any more info unless you have other questions about your specific claim. 10thFO's browbeating is unnecissary.

Time

I filed via the online file system. they told me they see my file for increase on july 5th and a congressional claim filed on september 8th but they can not tell me anything else since my file is not there. I am very confused about the congressional claim. I have never used the vso or dav or purple heart I have done all my filing myself, I never knew there were these orginizations to help i only knew of this website. I am 60 percent service connected 40 for a broken back 10 for neuropatthy of the legs and 10 for a big scar on my left leg. my new file is for depression due to pain and neuropathy of my left arm. any help would be appreciated thank you