Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Me Please

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

I just called the 1800 number and they told me they are working on my claim for increase and i also have a congressional claim what is a congressional claim????

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I used to belong to a Harley-Davidson "group" on the net.

Most of us that rode H-D's were dyed-in-the-wool 100% Americans, many of which were also vets, buy American, never buy imported goods, many were members of unionized labor, good folks.

So, I said once, on one of my posts, that I was sittin out on my porch, enjoying the weather and drinking me a cup of my Kona coffee. Well, one of these super-patriots jumps all over me about drinking that imported "Kona" coffee when we have perfectly good coffee that is grown in the good old USofA and he went on to tell everbody that I probably also hired "beaners" to mow my grass, etc., etc.

Yup, he was lonnnng on patriotism........kinda short on brains.

Kona is VERY GOOD coffee, by-the-way....it has a flavor that many coffees lack nowadays. And, it isn't any stronger than the number of beans you use to make a cup.

It also supports the USA coffee industry.......and, yes, Hawaii IS in the United States (just in case the dummy is ALSO on this site as well as the old H-D site)!

So funny, as you were talking about Kona Coffee I said that is made in Hawaii....some people really do not know from which they speak. As the saying goes "better to be thought an idiot instead of speaking and proving that it's true". Enjoy your coffee

Sorry for being OT like some others here, but I wanted to comment...

I agree...I buy mine here when they aren't sold out (have what's left of a 5-lb. bag in my freezer):

http://www.smithfarms.com/

First started drinking it in 1974.

Besides getting great fresh right-off-the-trees roasted Kona coffee beans, I am pleased that my purchase helps support a local (in Kona) VERY small business (basically a husband and wife) and people who care about their trees, the wildlife on their small plantation, etc.

And at great prices -- even when shipping is included -- compared to any prices on Kona coffee being sold locally (IF you can find it) and in most other places I have found online.

One last thing: Lots of so-called "Kona" coffee is a ONLY A BLEND of maybe 10% Kona beans and 90% some other beans...only buy 100% Kona coffee.

Caveat emptor.

-- John D.

P.S. Kona also produces something else that is top-drawer...but it's illegal.

-- JD

Edited by cloudcroft

Guest rickb054
I wrote to Nicholson when he first became Secretary on the Blue Water veterans issue.

I more or less asked him to exert his authority and include BWNVs into the AO regs -suggesting he could do it with a stroke of the pen.

He sent my letter (which had NOTHING to do with my claim) to my VARO and they told me their had been a Congressional Inquiry (I finally found out it was this letter to the Sec)

and it had held up my claim for months-so I withdrew it formally from the c file.

The VARO usually doesnt say "congressional claim" they say COngressional inquiry-

Maybe you should ask them via the IRIS system at the VA web site under "Contact US" just what the heck they mean.

Strange.

Berth,

I have learned that using the Iris system does not always work, I have used it in the past, and received answers but I have inquired twice in the last couple of months and did not receive an answer. I find that a letter seems to work better.

• HadIt.com Elder

I love Kona Coffee grown in Hawaii in Mountain Soil. Its the lava rick soil that makes it so good. I am really not that much of a coffee drinker but I enjoy a cup once in a while. I buy mine from World Food Market usually for about 15 bucks a lb.

I found that a mix of Kona and Folgers is not so bad either. I think that Mountain Grown is the key.