Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pension?

Rate this topic

mymissie

Well,I still find it hard to believe,and I really only believe it because the Veteran called me this afternoon. He asked me to come over. He has No one that he can trust,and when I got there he showed me the CHECK-$39,680.00.

He wants me to go to the bank tomorrow,an deposit it for him. He does not want Anyone,even his family to know that he recieved this money. He knows that they will try to steal it from him,or sweet talk him out of it when he is out of his head. They did it before,so I will be watching out for him.

He will need this money to live out his life with some dignity.He served his country well. May he live to enjoy every penny of it.

Edited by mymissie

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mymissie,before your friend cash his check go to the department of veterans affairs website and click on compensation and pension and than click on the pension page and read the information on countable income.

You can't get A&A unless you are getting pension,but just check that web site out because i wouldn't want what happen to my friend happen to him.

mobie

mymissie,before your friend cash his check go to the department of veterans affairs website and click on compensation and pension and than click on the pension page and read the information on countable income.

You can't get A&A unless you are getting pension,but just check that web site out because i wouldn't want what happen to my friend happen to him.

mobie

Mobie,

I can assure you that this vet,does NOT recieve a Pension!!

But he is getting A&A,an the paperwork explained that he would recieve A&A at the rate of $1519.00 per month,shows that he Does Not recieve Pension,because of his income,he Gets Social Security check of over $1500.00 per month.

What are Aid and Attendance and Housebound benefits?

Aid and Attendance (A&A) is a benefit paid in addition to monthly pension. This benefit may not be paid without eligibility to pension. A veteran may be eligible for A&A when:

The veteran requires the aid of another person in order to perform personal functions required in everyday living, such as bathing, feeding, dressing, attending to the wants of nature, adjusting prosthetic devices, or protecting himself/herself from the hazards of his/her daily environment, OR,

The veteran is bedridden, in that his/her disability or disabilities requires that he/she remain in bed apart from any prescribed course of convalescence or treatment, OR,

The veteran is a patient in a nursing home due to mental or physical incapacity, OR,

The veteran is blind, or so nearly blind as to have corrected visual acuity of 5/200 or less, in both eyes, or concentric contraction of the visual field to 5 degrees or less.

Housebound is paid in addition to monthly pension. Like A&A, Housebound benefits may not be paid without eligibility to pension. A veteran may be eligible for Housebound benefits when:

The veteran has a single permanent disability evaluated as 100-percent disabling AND, due to such disability, he/she is permanently and substantially confined to his/her immediate premises, OR,

The veteran has a single permanent disability evaluated as 100-percent disabling AND, another disability, or disabilities, evaluated as 60 percent or more disabling.

A veteran cannot receive both Aid and Attendance and Housebound benefits at the same time.

mobie