Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Interesting Information

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi All,

Apparently the VA Pharmacist has more pull in the hospital on medicines, than the VA Cardiologist. Long story short, husband was denied Plavix and Renexa that outside Cardio. says he needs, so his VA Primary sent him to VA Cardio. The VA Cardio agreed he needed these meds and put in for them and low and behold they were denied by pharmacy....

Time to write a long letter

Oh, and of course they bill our private insurance for all his meds anyway, so I don't get it.

sbrewer

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its cause they don't want any Veterans having access to those Meds.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dont waste your ink. Call the patient rep and complain, Tell them this statement. I have health insurance which pays for medicines. I expect the medicine the doctor prescribed. The Pharmacy has no right to dictate what a provider prescribes when the medicine payment is guaranteed.

Let us know the outcome.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I have a very similar situation going on with my meds.

Let's see what that patient rep has to say.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

• HadIt.com Elder

I get charged for meds for service connected conditions. This burns me up. Even seeing my primary care doctor is billed to my insurance and I have 6 SC conditions. How can they do that? Could the patient advocate fix this without me having to argue every single drug or treatment. If a vet is 100% and has many SC conditions how does the VA charge his private insurance for co-pays. I just resent it. I don't have to pay it but they should not be billing my insurance. I have just been in too much pain to fight about it since it means I get the runaround all over the place.

• HadIt.com Elder

The only way to realistically gert this problem fixed is to complain to the insurance companies that they are paying out money for conditions that are service connected and are the responsibility of the Government, Not the insurance companies. It may not effect 1 or 2 people. but you start to add tens of thousands, Then something may get done.

Current situation is a form of insurance fraud.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Although this is off topic I have found that VA is trying to push me to use my Medeicare HMO to get stuff the VA should do. Looks like something is brewing hidden behind the regular mumbo jumbo.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.