Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Head Of The Psychiatry " New Opinion"

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Head of the Psychiatry department is doing the " New Opinion" of the two Psychiatrist C&P.

Something doesn't add up to me.

This is straight from that C&P by the Two quack Psychiatrist??

Mental Status Examination:

The patient was appropriately dressed and casually dressed, white female, who appeared her stated age. Her speech was normal in rate, pattern and flow. Her mood was anxious and affect was appropriate and constricted and congruent to mood. Thought processes were circumstantial. Thought content was without auditory or visual hallucinations, suicidal or homicidal ideation or delusions. cognitive function revealed the patient to the oriented X4. She spelled the word " world" correctly in reverse and recalled two of three objects. She was able to name seven days of the week in reverse order.

How does that sound?

AXIS V: Current Global Assessment of Functioning equals 40

I am still trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together on the C&P by the two Psychiatrist.

Any comments please.

Always appreciate,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Betty, I'm trying to understand what you are saying.......not your fault that I don't....just this Trazadone and Welbutrin....!

But, are you complaining that the two quack psykeeeatrits gave you a "40" GAF?

If so, you do know that this GAF is not like, say, for example, the SAT or a basketball score...where the higher the better?

Now, I'm not sayin that you really want a low score, but, I don't believe that I'd be questioning a "professional opinion" of that nature...if you catch my drift.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder
Betty, I'm trying to understand what you are saying.......not your fault that I don't....just this Trazadone and Welbutrin....!

But, are you complaining that the two quack psykeeeatrits gave you a "40" GAF?

If so, you do know that this GAF is not like, say, for example, the SAT or a basketball score...where the higher the better?

Now, I'm not sayin that you really want a low score, but, I don't believe that I'd be questioning a "professional opinion" of that nature...if you catch my drift.

Larry,

I haven't questioned this part of the examination. Just everything that is written within the opinion.

Just trying to figure out what will be my next move. I don't believe that any good could possibly come out of a Rater sending a C&P which is a Negative for a Positive.

I just don't think they are that good-hearted and kind.

If you meet a rater like that "I will try to get them working on my claim."

Maybe by Christmas, we can settle this claim of " let me see now", it is re-opened back to 1978 , so this would get us now at almost hitting the 30 year mark.

Thanks and when are you going to part with " Lola's" Quilt?????

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine. saw excerpt of your C&P exam. sounds similar in wording to mine, maybe others here too. What point dont you understand? or do you just not prefer the wording? In my notes. I dont understand the "oriented x" but someday may! cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Larry is right...a low GAF is your "friend."

Your problem seems to be getting things SCed or soemthing like that, but once you do, a low GAF will help get you a higher disability rating.

Maybe December for you will be "take a low GAF out to dinner" month. ;-)

-- John D.

70% TDIU/P&T

Army - RVN - 1969-70 (10th Cav/4th ID, II Corps RVN)

USCG - Galveston, TX - 1976-78 (USCGC Valiant, WMEC 621)