Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spouse Check List When Vet Dies

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

Havnt been around in a long time. Lot of stuff going on, been sick, had emergency surgery the end of sep and going in tomorrow for kidney surgery, be in for at least three days, so thats why I am looking for a check list at the last minute to fill out for my wife. Tried to buy land that fell through, screw em I will save my money. Got the VA to finance a stained glass class and the tools and some materials under the ILP Program. Turning my basement into a workshop to build doors, transoms, side lights, all as a unit (and all with leaded glass) just like you buy em in Lowes or somewhere like that, these things sell for over 3K good hobby eh :)

I LOVE DOING LEADED GLASS.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

John, what'ya think, you and I should figure out an easy and quick way to get it together. I want to put my info on paper and on CD just as backup. I'm not good at 'suspense' dates, but am willing to at least set a target date, maybe by Valentines Day. Less stress that way for me, less procrastination too. Today, I at least pulled out a binder, three holed punched a couple checklists , blank so far and put em in. One was an old "Retirees Casualty Assistance Checklist", the other a "Personal Affairs Workbook" from the TROA. cg

cowgirl,

Thanks...even I do not have a checklist. I should be more considerate of people that may be left behind (if I die) so things are easier on them. No excuse for me, either, I just don't care about lots of things I SHOULD care about, and I can say that it's not because I don't KNOW any better. I do. I just can't really get myself to care about getting all my affairs in order, as if I am going to live forever or something.

-- John D.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

Boats that was a good list maker. Covers a lot of stuff many would not think of right away.

Thank you for your post.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.