Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pentagon Says They Made Error

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I mentioned yesterday that a disabled veteran from Iraq- Jordan Fox-

had expected a $10,000 enlistment bonus and the DOD sent him a letter asking him for $3,000 of it back.

He had been injured in Iraq just before his commitment was up-and the DOD said he owed them this money-as he did not fulfill his military service period DUE TO getting injured in Iraq.

One person can move a mountain-sometimes-this vet was pretty vocal about the "bill" he got from the gov-for the $3000.

Fox News this AM said an official from the Pentagon was notifying PFC Fox that they had made an error and apparently are informing all the other servicemen and women who were asked to repay part of their bonuses back because they were injured in service and could not fulfill their service commitment-that the bills were an error (yeah right)

I dont have any verification on this at all-and Fox News did not say who gave them this info from the Pentagon-

But things are getting so bad in the media for the way or servicemen and women and veterans are treated-I guess the Gov didnt want this to become big news-

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Each day I become more bitter... and I dont want to die an old angry bitter man. It is getting so bad I wonder if its just not me. (sigh)... I am suffering from burnout, and my own medical condition isn't helping. They had the gall to send me to a neurologist (for this new issue) who insinuated I was lying. After YEARS of tests, and other much more experienced neurologists stating I was suffering from a whole slew of issues, after a rating of 100% for loss of use of legs alone, not counting all the others, and she acts like I am faking this crap.

For the 1st time I called the patient advocate for myself. I told them I would refuse ANY further appointments with that... person. So well just have to see if they try and schedule me to see her again. I'm not worried about my rating, it wasn't a C&P exam or anything, and I am T&P with massive amounts of VA medical evidence and opinion to back me up.... it's just galling to have to listen to this junk from a lady whos has been licensed for less than a year (I looked her up).

I dont know... I just dont know. I have stopped most of my advocacy until I get better, but even if I do, I dont know if I can continue...

Edited by sixthscents

Bob Smith

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not bring my cat, if I had a cat, to my local VAMC for any kind of surgery. Pills OK, but nothing that involves being put under by these freaks. Some people actually want their heart surgeries at the VAMC. I think they must want to die. Free medical care and no co-pay because you are dead. That Dallas story makes me sick. Bay Pines and my Tampa VAMC are also death traps. Not too long ago a patient was at Bay Pines pleading for treatment and they let him die screaming. Some of the higher ups should be hanged from the sign in front of selected VAMC's. Every young soldier should view that Dallar video.

• Founder

hang in sixthscents, you've fought the good fight for many veterans and burn out is very high for advocates that have no health problems, you should be proud of the work you have done and now it is time to take care of yourself!

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Six:

Hang in there cause in the end most of us fight for our families and to make sure the VA treats other Vets better than they did for us.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.