Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Effexxor

Rate this topic

Yes, it worked wonderfully.

The only drawback I saw was that after I stopped taking it (VA couldn't get it to me where I lived out of the country) and started retaking it....it didn't work the second time around.

If you suffer from migraines...the combo of effexor and topirimate is great. Not only did I lose weight, but it gave me energy...combated my fatigue from depression. Didn't make me irritable or hostile.

Good luck.

See it's been a while since you posted....how are things?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem i had with effexor, was becoming schzophanic. They had to take me off of it because of that and i was told that it's a side effect that only effects a few people. Just be careful while taking it.

May 19, 2008

To: bobbyvet30

Hello Brother.

I saw this post and had to add something about my own experiences. I also am very concerned at the drug cocktail treatment protocol used today.

After beginning to have numerous "episodes" that turned out to be panic or anxiety attacks I (at my Dr's. advice) began the drug spiral downward. Here is my personal litany:

• Ativan (LORAZEPAM) (7 yrs. now)
  • Paxil (depression) (quit) (caused me to consider "ending it" many times
  • Ambien (chronic insomnia) (5 yrs.) (changed to TEMAZEPAM)
  • TEMAZEPAM (chronic insomnia) (5 yrs and continuing although not much help now because the PTSD sleep thief has found it's way into my nights again)
  • Darvocet (chronic pain) (5 yrs.)
  • Prozac (depression) (3 yrs) ineffective for me

These, and many others I refused to try after learning about side effects, were and are being prescribed. The only ones I found to help me, even a little, were for pain and anxiety.

The sexual side effects of SSRI's are VERY real and according to a landmark, study by the "New England Journal of Medicine" did not fare mych better in MOST cased from placebos. In my case, gastric side effects too delicate to discuss in this forum also plagued me. I am trying to rid myself of these poisons at this time, and am very interested in others experiences with these meds. My profile tells a bit about my situation.

My best wishes for you,

Dick

It is a lot easier than you think but I know some of the "sick" people and they just refuse to many any adjustment drinking freshly juice organic carrots are great...........but people just refuse to do it.

Maybe it is not a lack of refusal but the lack of understanding how to do it.

I found some very interesting info on Effexxor at the following website:

http://www.prohibitionkills.blogspot.com/

Apparently some people have had good results with treatment of EDS or Endorphin Deficiency Syndrome

Here is what they say in part...

Effexor: Different than all the others:

If the above mentioned endorphin boosting measures fail to properly relieve your treatment resistant depression, you need to know that of all the antidepressants, effexor is special. That's because effexor is molecularly similar to the quasi-opioid tramadol, and is therefore the closest you can get to finding a legal, medically accepted opioid script to treat your depression. It should come as no surprise to you that clinical studies have shown effexor to be by far the most effective tool medical orthodoxy has to offer in the treatment of refractory depression.

However, for many endorphin deficiency depression patients, acupuncture, D-phenylalanine & Effexor just aren't enough. For them, daily opiate/opioid use is really the only viable option.

I hope this helps...

Erich