Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One Veteran Protest Varo Louisville

Rate this question

rthomass

Question

For what it is worth I am going to find out from my local City Government if I need a permit to personally picket the Veterans Administration Regional Office at Louisville Kentucky. I cannot think of any more direct action that I could take than to bring the publics attention to the plight of the Agent Orange Thailand Veteran.

Edited by rthomass

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have considered doing the same thing myself. Slow and many delays. I cant understand why since this is supposed to be one of the smaller offices with not quite the workload of a larger office.

They have been through 4 Managers since 2001.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

All VA's are on Federal Property. You can be hassled by VA' Cops but if you picket at entrance but off the property it is the right of every American Citizen to have redress so if you want to picket I would if it were me notify the VA Police at the facility that you intend to picket peacefully and that you have no intention to harass or threaten VA employees.

Good Luck

In New Mexico some Veterans formed a group and were putting up signs that asked about VA delays and the VA actually met and resolved the issues with the Veterans.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Hey, I'm in Indy and I'll make a day trip to come carry a sign. I really mean it. There is a national organization that did wonders by picketing and by having a presence in courtrooms when judges handed down their sentences. They did wonders and they used common sense and shame as their way of getting their message out. MADD did for drunk driving laws what Veterans picketing on the local news could do for reform of the VA. What if on a certain day 10 states had Veterans outside their local VARO and VA hospital? Would that send a message? I think it would.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I will ask my local VVA to do some kind of action at the VARO. I give up on the other VSO's. These guys might do something besides get together and drink and talk jive. That is something I would be willing to do. I don't want to sit at the clubhouse and BS but I would like to see the VA address the vets they screw. An informational picket is our right. We cannot impede the flow going into a VARO, but we can protest. I bet we would get tons of support from vets at the St. Pete VARO. Most vets hate the place and would like to burn it down in a hypothetical way. Me and my wife would do it. Bring the lawn chairs and make a sign.