VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting And Nervous

Rate this question

bluenote

Question

Since the last time I looked for help here w/no success--I searched the Internet and finally came up with someone willing to help,I found out that my claim that I filed a few years ago for Guillain Barre Syndrome and was given Medical only by the VA-- should have been Rated and triggered a VA Reconsideration to determine if my discharge was under Other Than Dishonorable conditions. For some reason they didn't do this........... Thanks Dan

Edited by CaravanDan

Slowly but surely things are changing for us that suffer..This week, after New Yorkers commemorated Veterans’ Day, Senator Brad Hoylman and Assembly Member Didi Barrett’s Restoration of Honor Act (S.45B/A.8097) was signed into law by Governor Andrew Cuomo. This legislation would extend state veterans benefits to New Yorkers who were less than honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces due to their sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military sexual trauma, traumatic brain injury or post-traumatic stress disorder. With the passage of this legislation, these veterans will now be able to access state benefits for which they were previously ineligible.https://www.sageusa.org/news-posts/electeds-restoration-of-honor-act-signed-into-law-finally-restoring-equal-rights-to-lgbtq-veterans/                                    https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/a8097

Edited by CaravanDan
added bill

There is a similar bill under consideration that would do the same at the federal level, Flaherty said. “We are trying to get the same thing done at the federal level for people who got a ‘less than honorable discharge,’” he noted. “There is a bill going through the House of Representatives right now. They should get these benefits, especially for PTSD and traumatic brain injury.”                                                                https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/article/bills-aim-get-veterans-benefits-they-earned

There has been many things that have come to light over the last couple decades an its Called (PICS). So if there are any Veterans that had spent any time in ICU may want to look up the many many studies on this and how it effects them after their stay..Post-Intensive Care Syndrome (PICS)

7 minutes ago, CaravanDan said:

There has been many things that have come to light over the last couple decades an its Called (PICS). So if there are any Veterans that had spent any time in ICU may want to look up the many many studies on this and how it effects them after their stay..Post-Intensive Care Syndrome (PICS)

Myself I found out about this through my therapist when I questioned my Memory Loss along with all my other mental problems that didn't seem to come up on research of my illness condition.. so it all makes sense now... I was on a ventilator for weeks where they had to feed into my neck..IVs..Feeding tube,, unable to Move,,Wasn't like a broken neck where you feel nothing,, was like MS where you lose ability to move (Paralyzed) But could feel all pain. anyone that comes across a Veteran that spent time in a ICU should look at these studies it they suffer PTSD etc...

Myself I was given the 1976 Swine flu Vaccine while in the Army in 1976.. I was Paralyzed to the point I couldn't even close my eyes they had to tape them shut and when untapped I only saw double,,triple vision as it effected my ocular also.. I was a quadriplegic like this women in Video. I wont get into the Abuse at the Hands of the VA personal at this point..Thats a whole Hell of its own..

You all can see how in 1976 the CDC Lies.. Do you think they have Changed? You should educate yourself before getting these UNTESTED Vaccines ,,,

Edited by CaravanDan
add another video