Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wow I'm Lucky

Rate this question

carlie

Question

I was sleeping pretty hard but was lucky enough to hear my phone ring just an hour ago.

It was my local Bay Pines VA Medical Center. An actual human being named Jean, called to say I have an appointment scheduled at 1:00 tomorrow

12-20-07, for a C&P examination.

If I had not gotten that phone call I would NOT have known about this C&P examanation appointment because I HAVE NOT YET BEEN NOTIFIED BY MAIL of the appointment.

Now I HAD been notified by mail, of two other appointments I have at Bay Pines VA Medical Center, one at 9:00 and one at 10:30, (which are some regular appointments) on the same day.

I guess the letter from VA to notify me of the C&P exam must have gotten lost in the mail maybe due to all the holiday mail. Sure seems to me like that's an important one to get lost and not get delivered to me.

How does that saying go ? ? Something like

"Just because your paranoid - doesn not mean that they are not out to get you."

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was sleeping pretty hard but was lucky enough to hear my phone ring just an hour ago.

It was my local Bay Pines VA Medical Center. An actual human being named Jean, called to say I have an appointment scheduled at 1:00 tomorrow

12-20-07, for a C&P examination.

If I had not gotten that phone call I would NOT have known about this C&P examanation appointment because I HAVE NOT YET BEEN NOTIFIED BY MAIL of the appointment.

Now I HAD been notified by mail, of two other appointments I have at Bay Pines VA Medical Center, one at 9:00 and one at 10:30, (which are some regular appointments) on the same day.

I guess the letter from VA to notify me of the C&P exam must have gotten lost in the mail maybe due to all the holiday mail. Sure seems to me like that's an important one to get lost and not get delivered to me.

How does that saying go ? ? Something like

"Just because your paranoid - doesn not mean that they are not out to get you."

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

I found out about my FEB 2007 C&P exam the day before on the phone also. The letter telling me about it arrived 2 days after the exam! Not sure if its the VA or our wonderful post-office!!!

Best regards,

Tyler

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Carlie, Can you copy and post this thread to your VARO/VAMC??? They should know better than to notify on such short notice; especially where there are puniitive actions/sanctions/bad reports written up for Vets with a C&P NO GO!

GRRRRR they are such losers sometimes!!

Sorry your nap was interrupted by the VA heheheh!!

Go Sis go!! ~~~Wings~~~~

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

What would be the correct procedure if you have a claim denied due to the fact that you never got notice of an exam and then the VA says you failed to show up. This just happened to me on a claim for a secondary condition of DMII. I did file a NOD on this ommission because my claim was denied. The VA says they notified me and they never notified me of anything, but on that basis claim denied. This has happened at least twice before over the years via the Tampa VAMC and the St. Pete VARO. Short of filing a NOD what can you do when you don't notified of an exam?

• HadIt.com Elder

A few weeks after I file a claim, I start calling the VAMC where the C&P's are held to see if I'm scheduled for anything. That way they can't pull this crap on me. Loosers doesn't even begin to describe them. Devious $*#^@*% bastards is closer to the truth.

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

My VAMC does not call to warn of C&P Exam although almost everyone except the Dentist does. They blame Vets for missed appointments but the fact is that some are scheduled so far out its pretty dern hard for a Veteran like me to keep up with.

Carlie I am glad that you are going for your C&P that is a good thing.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.