Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knee Is Sc, Hip Is Now Problem, Advice?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

MMkay, this is tough to say, but my hip is connected to my knee. Knee had mensicus surgery, swelling and problems, is SC. For sometime, hip above that knee has been 'snapping' in/out and a bit sensitive. Now the hip is not only sensitive, it started really hurting, to the point of near locking up. This is tough on my heart to mention, but I probably need a replacement.

Anyone have experience to SC the hip to the knee issues? I do have sc lumbar strain, but havent been connected for ddd or osteoarthritis, or feet issues, yet.

thank you from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of my husband too! :) cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cowgirl

Regardless of the fact that all of our joints are connected you have to do as Berta says and get a medical opinion saying that your hip problems are a result of the SC knee condition. The doc should use the "more likely than not" phrase but he should also explain some of the relationship between the injured knee and why this has caused the hip to go out of whack. If you went to a private orthopod and asked him if your gait problems from having a bad knee had caused your hip pain he would probably say "sure" but the VA has to have it spelled out. All secondary conditions except a very few have to have a medical opinion making the connection.

• HadIt.com Elder

John and Berta, Sure thing, medical opinion is gonna happen real soon, this hurts me and my feelings are really down about this, y'all are the best! thanks once and again for all your help, humble cg

Regardless of the fact that all of our joints are connected you have to do as Berta says and get a medical opinion saying that your hip problems are a result of the SC knee condition. The doc should use the "more likely than not" phrase but he should also explain some of the relationship between the injured knee and why this has caused the hip to go out of whack. If you went to a private orthopod and asked him if your gait problems from having a bad knee had caused your hip pain he would probably say "sure" but the VA has to have it spelled out. All secondary conditions except a very few have to have a medical opinion making the connection.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

• HadIt.com Elder

CG...as you already know, I filed for my bilateral hip pain as secondary to my SC'd back and knee conditions. i don't have an answer yet, but I feel pretty confident that they will get rated. I had my PCP sign a document that I included in my evidence that stated the hips were "at least as likely as not related to my SC'd back and knee conditions." My VSO gave me form that they seem to use at my VAMC for the docs to sign in cases like this. I'll try to scan it and post it up here so others can use it.

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

Rental, thank you so much for helping and sharing your time as well. Along with my mdd, another health issue of this magnitude simple tosses more stones in the soup. For your sake and continued good health days, I do hope that you get sc, care and compensation for your hips as well.

As far as back, I think mine is simply listed as 'lumbar issue' and if I recall is the xrays show ddd. A few questions,

Does your lumbar sc statement include ddd? does that change your percentage?

Myself, I suspect hip surger yisnt far off, just hard to formulate the words outta my mouth just now. With kids and a house to run, well, hurts my dad'burn old pride here! The form will be very helpful, is it the VA exam worksheet? again, thanks from the bottom, er, of my heart! cg :)

CG...as you already know, I filed for my bilateral hip pain as secondary to my SC'd back and knee conditions. i don't have an answer yet, but I feel pretty confident that they will get rated. I had my PCP sign a document that I included in my evidence that stated the hips were "at least as likely as not related to my SC'd back and knee conditions." My VSO gave me form that they seem to use at my VAMC for the docs to sign in cases like this. I'll try to scan it and post it up here so others can use it.

, I'm a wife and mom that needs to keep a'goin! for a long while!

Least my brain is young and somewhat still together, or is it? Ha. cg

My, my. Come on ole lady. You should know by now that mommies and better halves always go when needed and are the smartest people on earth in the eyes of those who love them!!!!!!!! Don't ever worry about that or sharing your inner most thoughts and problems with us other old worn out computer family members.

• HadIt.com Elder

thanks for the smile Ricky, its just the hip(s), I didn't mean to sound so mournful. Havent got current xray yet, VA will do that soon am sure. So, until the VA says so, I am not out to pasture yet, just hopin' for wild green grass when I get there. blushin here, so dear Hadit brother, just call me lil ole CG :)

My, my. Come on ole lady. You should know by now that mommies and better halves always go when needed and are the smartest people on earth in the eyes of those who love them!!!!!!!! Don't ever worry about that or sharing your inner most thoughts and problems with us other old worn out computer family members.
Edited by cowgirl