Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Just Discovered A Form To Use To Get A Medical Opinion

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ya'll may know about this form, but I didn't. It's a form that you give your VA health care provider for them to fill out in support of your claim.

I had to scan it, so it might not come out very clear.post-1306-1200948949_thumb.jpg

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I was told that the Va doctors could not give an opinion per VA Directive 2007-024 (eff. Sep 07). Is this true?

In 2007-24 VA doctors are told that they do not have to make opinions other than a current state of disability. They are told to refer questions regarding service connected conditions to proper authorities. Which is back to the VBA and those are the folks who adjudicate claims and schedule C&P exams.

The form you found was used for a one year period prior to the VCAA. The Directive that preceeded 2007-24 required primary care doctors to fill out this form. Primary care doctors are no longer required to fill it out.

HOWEVER

If a VA doctor chooses to help they can write anything they want. Some will help, not all doctors will help.

Also, as free said anything to get the ball rolling. Once they get on your side you can go back for more clarifications if needed. I have had some VA doctors write the original report then back off if it gets to complex.

Edited by Hoppy

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

Is this form still a goodie? I hate resurrecting zombie threads, but this form looks like just the ticket for my VA clinic providers.

To whom it may concern.......I have used this form & it helped me get my claim approved but the one thing that is the real kicker is one has to have a very good "NEXUS" The Doctor is giving his opinion that it happened in the military....Also, if U can ask the Doc if this is going to be a positive or negative report.....On my Epilepsy (With the help of a Lawyer) & 9 years (& 7 without a Lawyer) I got the Epilepsy approved & 2 Buddy Letters. I won by "Benefit of doubt"

Also, the Doctors are required to fill out these forms so the ole "I can't fill them out" is either a lie or ignotance

I have a Shrink who said I was 100% PTSD chronic & severe & filled out the paper will with a more likely than not but I was turned down because the Rater said "This type of (NEXUS) incident is not what causes PTSD"

I had pictures of things they said never happened but was still shot down

But, the Epilepsy one they were unable to deny.

Also, if one should get approved this way do not stop seeing the VA Doc

That's why a lot of guys/& or gals get knocked off Ptsd because once they are approved they stop going.

At present I am 100% T & P & SMC L1 & I also have my Wife on SMC L1.

I don't propose to be an expert on this subject but I think if U want a good opinion ask Pete 53 or Berta

Sincerly

GARRY

gdsnide

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually, they can if specifically requested to do so, and the purpose is ostensibly for something other than a VA claim. Weather they will do so, is another issue. A form from the SSA or an insurance company might be the best to use. I have a filled out VA form (now obsolete) from a treating VA doctor that is favorable in my records. Interestingly enough, it has never been mentioned in any of the VA denials.

Hi there, vth, welcome to the world of VA intrigue.

I've never heard that they couldn't give opinions....but then, I've never gotten one from them, either, nor have I read what you refer to.

But, after all, they are always giving opinions to the VA....and seeing as how the VA system is non-adverserial :o then I don't see why they couldn't render an opinion for us, the "V" in the VA.

but, then, obviously, WTF do I know............I'm just one of the thundering herd.

Edited by Chuck75

Does anyone have or know of a form like this one but for Private Doctors? I could really use one...Thank you!!!