Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Rude Va 800 Call Taker

Rate this question

mountain tyme

Question

I just need to vent this because I was very offened by how my question was answered..and it offends me to know that my Tax dollars is paying his salery...

today I called the VA 800 number to ask a question in regards to what code or rating numbers that the VA uses to rate Gerds..because I wanted to look it up to decided if my huband should seek an increase..

The guy who answered the call...asked me WHY DO I WANT TO KNOW...and if I had a legitimate reason to ask that question...

I explained to him that I wanted to see if a claim I was working on would merit a higher rating or percentage based on the VA criteria...he said that only the raters could determine that...

I told him that I know that but I wanted to check to see if the condition would warrent a higher evaluation.

he asked me again why I wanted to know...then I asked him...is there some policy that would prevent you from telling me...I mean all I need to do is go th the VA web site and look it up...but it is easier for me just to call and get the numbers then look it up...

HE REFUSED TO TELL ME THE what the numbers were...outragous...then when I asked to talk to someone who would know the numbers because obviously he did not...he told me he knew the numbers but would not give them to me because I did not have a need to know...

OUTRAGOUS...I then asked him to transfer me to his supervisor..and he told me that he was on another line...then I asked him if he was a veteran...and he said no...and I said thank the good Lord...for a real American Veteran would not want him to cover there back and he was a disgrace and had no business working for the Veterans and he was a leach to the american people..

I was so upset..that I told him May God Bless you for only he blesses little children and fools and he could choose what catagory he fell into ..Good By

MT

I'M STILL UPSET!!!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

the PCs at the ROs are limited for the telephone people-

these codes are in M21-1 a different system than the 800#s use-

I dont really feel any 800# person could have answered this question for you-

"he told me he knew the numbers but would not give them to me because I did not have a need to know..."

he should have just said to go to the BVA web site-

if you put GERD into the decision browser you will find the codes and even how they determine GERD ratings.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you spoke to a rude CSR at the VA 800 number you can bet your sweet bippy that you were written up as being abusive and ill mannered.

Check your "C" File and you will see

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mountain Tyme, send and Iris question to the RO. The Manager will pick it up and reply. Ask the service center manager to call you.

Tell the manager you arent happy with the way you have been treated. Mention the jerk by name.

Be nice but also be very blunt. If so, quote the regulations on code of conduct for federal employees.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

just an update...I called the VA 800 number again this morning...what a run around...I finally talked to a young lady and gave her my phone number so they could have someone contact me regarding the incident yesterday...

around 10:30 I received a phone call from the VA and talked to a gentleman regarding the incident. I told him the name of the rude young man along with the time I called and appx. what time the call ended..and that I would like to file a formal complaint regarding this young man's aburpt behavior which I felt was unwarrented for the situlation. He asked me a list of questions as to if the young man raised his voice which he did not...actully if you were judgeing his behavior on tone of voice he had quite a pleasant voice never raised it...yet I told him that it was not the tone of voice but the text of the conversation I found to be offensive...as in his asking me Why I wanted to know the diagonsitc codes used for Gerds... and if I had a legimite reason for asking...I though that his questions were off base...I explained to him that I had gone to the VA web site to find the code for Gerds but I did not see one...(since that conversation I have learned from fellow hadit members that there is no diagastic code for Gerds)...after I told the supervisor the information...he said he would look into the matter...then asked me what course of action would I feel would be appropraite in a situlation like this...HOW ODD...all I could think of...I felt that this young man needed to take a refresher course in customer service and be put on probation to have all calls he takes be monitor for a set number of months to see if his behavior is repeated...I would have hoped that yesterday conversation was recorded but he did not indicate if it was or was not...he told me that I will receive a follow up to my complaint...I corrected him and said this in not just a complaint but a concern that needs to be taken seriously...what if this rude young man received a phone call from someone on the edge...he may well have put that desprate vet over that edge..I don't feel that the young man realize how important his job is....he is literally the first contact many vets have to the VA system and his attitude does not reflect favorable on the Va system in any way...

hopefully something is done...to enlighten this rude young man and he can correct his cocky attitude.

MT

Good for you! It is great to see someone follow up like this. Sometimes, I feel like I am complaining to a wall, but I do it because if I don't then I need to shut up and not complain if I am not willing to do anything about it. I am impressed! I am pleased to know that they called you back and were willing to hear you out and look into your concern. It is a start and that is great!

• Founder

the first year or so of my claim i had to start buying really cheap phones, because i would get so frustrated i would slam them down and break them and throw them against the wall, i have since learned to manage my anger better.

they can really yank your chain and sometimes i think they even enjoy it, but i couldn't prove it.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.