VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anybody Used Dr. Dennis Barson, Do, For An Imo Yet?

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm planning on using him but have a few red flags. He graduated as a DO in 2002 but that seems a short time for all his posted qualifications. Can't find him licensed in Virginia??? I don't mind losing the money but I'm worried about my records, especially in this day of ID theft. Any info appreciated!

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You might want to do a search here at Hadit for this subject. There has been an extensive post and reply section discussing him.

The only negative I see is he wants a fee to even say hello, let alone discussing if you want to hire him.

I emailed him before he added the fee and asked him to contact me to discuss my case to see if he wanted to handle it or if he felt he could. The next thing I know he never contacts me and then he adds a fee to discuss anything.

Very poor business practice and down right bs in my book. Due to his greedyness and failure to contact me, I wont be using him. Supposedly he is here to help the vet, just my opinion that he shouldn't charge for an initial discussion.

Dr. Bash talked to us at length over the phone before deciding he could help us, and how much it would cost.

• HadIt.com Elder

His $25 initial fee is certainly reasonable and his IMO's prices are also very reasonable. As one who's used IMO's before in litigation, his fees appear fair and he states that if he can't help he doesn't charge. I'm just concerned as to the authenticity of everything. Anyone can do a website. We'll see what others add. Thanks! jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't need an IMO but if I did I would give strong consideration to him. Try this thread I think it goes over your questions and his qualifications. AMong them being a C&P Doc for QTC and a Naval Surgeon.

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9918

His credentials check out. DOs do have a different slant on medicine, but the military uses DOs, so I can't see how the VA could disregard his opinion just because he is a DO. I agree that the $25 fee is reasonable for the price he charges for IMOs. I guess it could be aggravating to someone to pay the $25 fee and have him respond that he can't help you. But I take it that he is charging the fee to keep people from taking his time reviewing all their information to never hear from them again.

He does appear pretty new, but does have experience with the VA - so he knows what it takes...or should know.

So many vets have pretty clear cut cases but just need a doctor that is willing to write an IMO - so the opportunity to get an IMO for those cases at a pretty reasonable rate is a good thing.

Extremely complicated cases might be different. But then again, he might be very good - and again, has reasonable rates.

I have checked his website a couple of times. He is still designing it.

I haven't been able to find the new consultation request form, under the forms tab. - or whatever it is yet (What you send with the inital fee to have him decide if he can help with the case).

Free

His $25 initial fee is certainly reasonable and his IMO's prices are also very reasonable. As one who's used IMO's before in litigation, his fees appear fair and he states that if he can't help he doesn't charge. I'm just concerned as to the authenticity of everything. Anyone can do a website. We'll see what others add. Thanks! jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

I found Dr. Bash to be a little expensive but he called within days of my emailing him and was ready to go. You can negotiate with him over costs. What kind of IMO do you need? I guess it is for a physical condition? Bash does not do psychiatric IMO's. Bash wanted about $2000 for the IMO, but if it means getting some bucks from the VA that is a small price to pay for a high class IMO that gets results. You just want to know you are getting value for your dollar. You don't want to spend and then have your IMO shot down in flames. I think Bash is a real expert at what he does. I wish you could find someone close to where you live so you could interview him, but that is not always easy as I found with lawyers.