OIF 03

Check that retro good veteran- they make lots of retro errors

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check that retro good veteran- they make lots of retro errors

Berta,

I found out the amount they are sending me and it does not match up to what I should be getting!! any advice on who to turn to for that one??

Thanks for all you help

OIF 03

Congrats:

If you are working 50% is probably a fair rating. If you are not you should look into an appeal. Anyway that is a fair chunk of change and also makes it so you can get your copays back and than no more cost for Medical care.

I am happy for you.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the kind words and 50 percent is a preety good ruling if I am still able to work. I want to thank folks like you for all of your knowledge.

OIF 03

if you filed on Apr 2nd, you won't get paid for April. You retro will start the first full month after you file. I files on mar 30th (dumb luck) so my retro started in APR.

If you have dependants, they will not automatically include them. I sent birth cert. and marrige license and filled out all the forms for dependants. They paid me at the single rate and sent me a form to fill out for dependants. I had already submitted this form. Long story short, it will be another 18 months before I get paid at the correct rate. Moral of the story, make sure they have everything right now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats on the 50 percent rating. Well done.

Please take a moment to fill the attached form if you have dependants.

The sooner the VA gets it the beffer off you will be.

It is also time to take the award letter to the folks at the meams test section of the VA. You will no longer have co-pays at 50 percent. You cna also ask for yor money back to your effective date for medicine and medical co-pays.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-686c-ARE.pdf

Edited by jbasser

OIF- what I did the last time they snookered me was-(they made many errors on my $$$ awards)

I wrote to the VARO and just stated that based on their letter of ( DATE) my calculations showed they were wrong on 2 or 3 DIC amounts using the hisotric rate table at the VA web site and that their audit statement seemed to be about 11,000 bucks short.

I told them math isnt my strong suit but that I had enclosed my calculations based on the historic rate tables for last ten years or so-

and that I believed the VA owed me 300-400 bucks on the DIC checks they had sent recently and/or about 11,000 was not included in the large retro check (28,710)regarding an offset the RC demanded they pay me that I had just got(another error- long story there- this was a CUE I won via the Regional COunsel)

They sent both all the money within 3 weeks and a letter correcting the one I got.

These letters that question the fnancial end can go faster than usual claims and NODS etc-

I figured if they didnt not respond in a few months I would just NOD the letter with the audit.

But it only took 3 weeks to get this straightened out-

Tell them why you think they are wrong-make sure they have your dependents listed too-

and refer them to the Historic rate table at the VA web site as your evidence.

I even enclosed copy of my chicken scratch math calculations.

I wonder how MUCH MONEY they save by making these retro errors!

The whole situation I just mentioned involved well over 40,000 and was growing by the month- my money-

and they kept it for years saying it was not mine.I figured- it aint making any interest with VA but I KNEW I would get it back eventually and I did.

A VA lawyer (they can read) read some stuff in my file when I reopened my claim-

and immediately ordered them to pay me what they had been withholding for about ten years.

Every VA comp or DIC recepient should carefully check the $$$$ the VA sends them.

Edited by Berta

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use