Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Process

Rate this question

donews

Question

I apolagize in advance if I have asked or if this has been answered previously.

My mind being what it is does not always function well. lol

I used the DRO process for a claim and they never contacted me, but they did decide in my favor. My disagreement is the rating percent I received and the evidence they used.

I found out during my most recent hospital stay for CHF that all the evidence to support a 100% rating was and always has been in my private and va medical records that they have.

The va cardiologist was even suprised that I wasn't 100% (although he is reluctant to actually put his signature on anything good or bad, he said he preffers to stay out of the boss mans crosshairs).

The questions being :

Can I appeal or nod and request that it be kept in the DRO process?

Can I request to meet with the DRO ? (they never contacted me during the original DRO process)

Can the DRO change the decision based on the outcome of the meeting ? (I will have all the records in hand as to preclude them from not having the records thay need).

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Let me see if I can help... You can request a personal hearing with the DRO at any time during the Appeal process. If you are disagreeing with the decision that the DRO made then I would suggest that you request the hearing.

The DRO can change the decision based on the outcome of the hearing.

Let me see if I can help... You can request a personal hearing with the DRO at any time during the Appeal process. If you are disagreeing with the decision that the DRO made then I would suggest that you request the hearing.

The DRO can change the decision based on the outcome of the hearing.

I agree with meddac, I lost 4 claims to a NOD. The won 3 of the 4 with a DRO hearing. They get to put a face to a package.

Jim

Edited by Jim MAC

I agree with meddac, I lost 4 claims to a NOD. The won 3 of the 4 with a DRO hearing. They get to put a face to a package.

Jim

Hello Jim.

Your comments about the NOD and hearings are very helpful to me. I am at that point presently.

Thank you,

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

Don, Can you answer 3 questions about your heart disease.

1: What is your Ejection Fraction?

2: Have you had a MI?

3: Do you or have or have you ever had a Heart Cath and been diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension.

Request the hearing and take the facts along with the regs with you.

I won at the DRO 2 years ago and I didnt have a meeting.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Done and Ron, regards DRO, I was told VSO's could represent as the veteran, so its alot more seamless of a process if the vet doesnt have to be called in, unless. requested. Hope its going to work that way for me, VSO is rather good, but a bit overworked with young veteran claims, stacks of em. Best to ya, cg

Hello Jim.

Your comments about the NOD and hearings are very helpful to me. I am at that point presently.

Thank you,

Edited by cowgirl

If you do not have a POA rep you can also wrote to the DRO asking them to call you by phone for an informal conference-if needed-

A VA 800 rep emailed this request from me to the DRO on his VA PC,and I irised this request, as well as stated this in formal letter to the DRO who had my claim-and pasted into my letter the DRO regs in M21-1 that allow this request to by made by the claimant.

I got no phone call at all but they say the claim is ready to rate and with a rating supervisor.

Any personal input from a claimant can help a claim.