Rate this question

donews

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Don,

I have never seen this form before you brought it to our attention. I have been working my claim since 2004.

Thanks for putting this in a new thread. I'm interested to see if others have seen the form or not.

Please beware, it is asking you what you AGREE with, not DISAGREE with and and NOD must state what you DISAGREE with. This form makes me very uneasy.

Everyone, please open the form and take a look and let us know if you've ever been sent one of these forms before.

Thanks,

TS Snave

When I filled this form out and sent it in, I wrote "This DOES NOT settle my appeal on any issues". I also requested a hearing with the DRO on this form.

Then I used a 21-4138 and sent an official NOD with the same wording under separate cover so as to make sure I has a big enough shield to cover my backside.

I am waiting for any responses from these being sent in.

• HadIt.com Elder
When I filled this form out and sent it in, I wrote "This DOES NOT settle my appeal on any issues". I also requested a hearing with the DRO on this form.

Then I used a 21-4138 and sent an official NOD with the same wording under separate cover so as to make sure I has a big enough shield to cover my backside.

I am waiting for any responses from these being sent in.

Good, for I have a tendency to read and do the opposite.

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

I have never seen this form either. This is some mickey mouse piece of junk that your RO is sending out. It doesn't even have a VA form number. If I were to receive something like this, without anything to identify it as a official VA form, I would most likely put it in the round file. Then, I'd respond on a VA Form 21-4138.

Rental Guy,

Good catch - I didn't realize this was an internal RO form. Are they allowed to just make up their own forms?

Like I said, I am VERY leery of this one since it addresses what you agree with and not what you disagree with. An NOD is all about what you disagree with not what you agree with.

Given vets are often not operating at their best while they're working VA claims this seems like a bit of trickery to me.

I'm hoping others will look over the form and give us more feedback.

Thanks,

TS Snave