• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I've never seen this informal form and would, like other vets, put a mark on it to "see attached VA Form 21-4138". Since VA Claims are routinely farmed out to other VARO'S, I would only want to use Official VA Forms. ~Wings

Hello,

I see nothing wrong with this very simple form. If I received one, I would complete it and add any additional narrative I thought was applicable.

I see the local, non-standard, VA form as an attempt to facilitate the claims/appeals process. They probably receive many responses that do not answer all the questions that should be addressed. Additionally, if I remember correctly, an appeal should be specific as to what is being contested. By asking for what you agree to, they are differentiating from contested and

non-contested areas of the decision.

I've used self-created forms in Army Finance & Accounting and as an employee of a major university. They captured the information that was necessary for us to do our jobs properly.

This form, in my opinion, is innocuous.

Ron

Edited by Manitou Sprgs

Yes, the key fact here is that the form does not have a VA-FORM Number. It looks like a custom form to initiate a Notice Of Agreement to me, which by the way, is one of a few forms that can be free texted and accepted by the VA.

Yes, the key fact here is that the form does not have a VA-FORM Number. It looks like a custom form to initiate a Notice Of Agreement to me, which by the way, is one of a few forms that can be free texted and accepted by the VA.

I suspect that many of those free-texted forms are inadequate, hence the attempt to differentiate between appealed and non-appealed items. The fact that it doesn't have a VA number is immaterial, at least to me. As I said, they are attempting to capture information that at the least, identifies the appealed areas of the claim.

I see this as an example of the VA trying to help the veteran, not the opposite.

Ron

Edited by Manitou Sprgs

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/

Well I sure couldn't find it in the VA forms section anywhere.

The negative aspect I see in this form would be in dealing with multiple issues,

Ex. percentage granted or denied, effective date granted or denied, diagnostic code

rated or denied under, missing evidence, unadjudicated issue's, etc...

jmho,

carlie

Maybe I am jusr paranoid, but I first of all have never seen the va send a vet something that is good for them and secopnd I was afraid filling this out the way they want you to would lock me into missing out on unadjudicated issues or would lock me into agreement on something I do not.

Hence when I filled it out I the form as I did.

I have attached a copy of what I sent them in response. Also I have attached the NOD I sent under separate cover just to be sure.

Reply_Sent_to_RO.pdf

NOD_Sent_to_RO.pdf