Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yippee

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I just got email from a NOVA lawyer who will handle my SMC CUE claim!

"I can tell you, at this jucture, that if you are still interested in having us represent you, we will certainly do so."

I wasnt sure what to expect-until I just got this-

then again he asked me by phone when I first contacted him -why I even needed him-he thought the claim was so well prepared-

I said I need him because the VA will actually read my evidence whe they see a lawyer on the POA.

Last week I revoked that part of my POA that covers this CUE claim (actually both CUEs)

although my POA NYSDVA revoked the POA themselves last October, the OGC agreed this was illegal-what they did- so just to cover my bases I sent priority mail to NYSDVA to revoke their POA solely on my CUE claims so I could give it to a lawyer-

and that my POA has continued with them for the other claims.

(I will determine when to revoke my full POA from these idiots-not them-they couldnt even do that right per 38 CFR)

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Berta, I am still waiting for my initial decision on my claim(s). I am entitled by law for the lawyer because of the June 21, 2007 rule. I am going to ask a question as I have seen this several times answered but with different answers. Ok here goes, Would not it make better sense to appeal it to the BVA regardless of the decision? Here is where I am coming from . The RO at the regional level has the power to rule on the decision whether you have good or bad evidence. That RO can tie a veteran or in your case the vets widow up for years. Trying to figure out why some get instant SC and compensational scheduler, with little evidence and why some with "well grounded" claims get denied is what seems to generate alot anxiety here. Soooooo, if you have great evidence, well grounded, good medical nexus, documents, and records, I do not understand why a veteran , or his or her widow would not rather present it to the BVA or even CVA. It seems that if the 38 CFR's are quoted , followed, and even case law quoted and followed the Board or Judge will have a better grasp than some local regional RO who may not have a clue to the evidence of a well grounded claim and the rules that have to be followed. I am seriously thinking on heading to the court on any decision and by pass the lengthy years wait at the VARO level. At least , if my thinking is correct you will take out one long phase of the problem. I do realize that the BVA can remand it back to the RO but I do not trust the VARO abilities at all. I also like the lawyer idea if you can find one that is qualified and that is the big deal. Thanks again. God Bless. C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder
Ok, that did it, you made me laugh.

Thank you, its not very often I do that.

How do I get myself out of this mess?

I placed the correct spelling and thought that word is not in

character for me.

I changed it and now it can be either one.

You get my drift.

Now, you have me laughing.

Berta beat them, whip them and let them

know who the boss is. YOU!!

Always,

Betty

Bunches of us wanna whip their Axx es too!!

Go get him Berta!!

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• In Memoriam

Berta, go for it.

A bunch of us Hadit folks already did it. I have railed for lawyers for the last five years. We have them now. The rotten/good part about it is that I already won, on my own, with Hadit.

Five C&P's are coming up for me in April. They have sent the EED information with the C&P schedule. My first formal claim was in 1984 for these conditions. The initial complaint was in 1971. Only now have I proven my claims. I did not have the mental capacity to act for myself any earlier.

I guess there is no reason for me to go further, except that operations could correct my spinal conditions somewhat. Also if I die due to these conditions I will be service connected.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Let's AXXX their whips too!

Glad to see I wasn't hallucinating!

I thought I was really suffering from sleep depravation - and hallucinating that Betty was saying ASHES...or something like that.

Free (THinks Betty has dang well earned the right to say whatever she DXXX well pleases!)

Bunches of us wanna whip their Axx es too!!

Go get him Berta!!

Think Outside the Box!