Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pay

Rate this topic

Jim MAC

New and Material Evidence, " My military Psychiatric Records", which I acquired from The St. Louis Archives. This evidence was never seen by the R.O before.

This in turn re- opened the earlier filing date.

Hope this helps you.

Betty

if im reading this right, my psych records while on active state clear diagnosis of ptsd. i never knew it till i rcvd the records from st louis this past week. so, is it possible that i could get back pay from when i was discharged? or am i having dillusions of grandeur? <_<

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

CLW

Its a longshot and Betty's was a very messed up claim with many problems that she had to overcome.

Sort of the in house advice is to win the claim and than go after any gravy. The VA does not make it easy for anyone.

Good luck I am not trying to discourage you

CLW

Its a longshot and Betty's was a very messed up claim with many problems that she had to overcome.

Sort of the in house advice is to win the claim and than go after any gravy. The VA does not make it easy for anyone.

Good luck I am not trying to discourage you

oh no....no discouragement taken. it would be a nice bit of gravy, for sure but i dont honestly look for it. heck - im just happy i know i got a shoe in for a claim right now. but, i will admit that when i saw my records clearly sd ptsd diagnosis and they never made any effort to help me or bring it to my attn, i did consider the bcmr and back pay for retirement. i was furious!

If you filed your claim within one year after you got out then "yes" your retro would start when you were discharged. After one year it starts on the 1st of the next month when you file your claim. For example if you file on May 3 then your retro would start on June 1. If it's after the one year rule then it starts whenever you file. I wish it was the way you were thinking though.

Billy

lol!! me, too! man, i would have solved all the problems of the world with that back pay <_<

thx for the clarification, folks!

• HadIt.com Elder
lol!! me, too! man, i would have solved all the problems of the world with that back pay <_<

thx for the clarification, folks!

clw4514,

Here is a link to my BVA claim. I hope this helps you.

beginning to end.

www.va.gov/vetapp08/files1/0807447.txt

Betty

clw4514,

Here is a link to my BVA claim. I hope this helps you.

beginning to end.

www.va.gov/vetapp08/files1/0807447.txt

Betty

thx!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use