Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pay

Rate this topic

Jim MAC

• HadIt.com Elder

Yep once they are signed off and the decision is made its not long and they do pay on time also

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does it usually take then to actually pay you for your back pay from the date thet they tell you you won your claim..I still havent heard from the VA and its been almost a month.

emrock

For me all little over 3 years to get my backpay

Jim

• 1 year later...
emorock,

I was rated at the R.O April 12, 2008 and received my retro check May 16, 2008 and this was for 16 years retro.

I did sign up for automatic deposit and my first monthly check will be at my bank this Friday the 30th.

I filled out the dependent papers for my husband to receive 11 years of retro and the service manager sent me an email he would start processing it and have a letter to me shortly.

Not long at all,

Always,

Betty

Hope this helps you.

These are great news.... but I have a questions, how did you get the 16 years retro?, my husband got out of the marines in july 2001. He applied for the va. We relocated and call to notify, somehow they didn't inform us that He needed to re apply in the new state. We relocated to the original state (nc) that's when we found out his claim was denied because he didn't show up for some appointments.

He re applied in 2002, nothing happened. We received several letters saying they were procesing his claim..... He relocated againg in 2004 to NY. In 2006 he re opened his claim. They were denied. He re applied in 2007 and He won the claim for the left ankle, which was on the original 2001 claim. His retro was to 2006. He was let go of the marines due to this ankle, it wasn't medical.

He is thinkign to fight his retro back to 2001. How can He do it?

Thanks for any help

• HadIt.com Elder

Unless he can prove that he gave the VA his new address and they mailed it to the wrong address which happens he probably got all the retro he will get.

• HadIt.com Elder
These are great news.... but I have a questions, how did you get the 16 years retro?, my husband got out of the marines in july 2001. He applied for the va. We relocated and call to notify, somehow they didn't inform us that He needed to re apply in the new state. We relocated to the original state (nc) that's when we found out his claim was denied because he didn't show up for some appointments.

He re applied in 2002, nothing happened. We received several letters saying they were procesing his claim..... He relocated againg in 2004 to NY. In 2006 he re opened his claim. They were denied. He re applied in 2007 and He won the claim for the left ankle, which was on the original 2001 claim. His retro was to 2006. He was let go of the marines due to this ankle, it wasn't medical.

He is thinkign to fight his retro back to 2001. How can He do it?

Thanks for any help

New and Material Evidence, " My military Psychiatric Records", which I acquired from The St. Louis Archives. This evidence was never seen by the R.O before.

This in turn re- opened the earlier filing date.

Hope this helps you.

Betty

Edited by Josephine

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use