Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Second Iris And A Little Ticked

Rate this question

vickia1969

Question

I joined this site in Feb. I was told to do an IRIS. I did, his file was sitting in DC waiting on a medical opinion on his tinnitus. The file went to DC from Baltimore the first of January. Well the original IRIS told me that. About 2 weeks ago I called his VSO who is a state rep and told him this. Well he made a call and told me what I told him. So he said he was emailing the head of the DC VAMC. I called him back today and he said that she never answered him. So I said now what? How can a file sit for 4 months waiting on a opinion on Tinnitus? Well he told me to call the 1800 number and ask them. He had the hearing test Sept 07. It is April 08 and nothing on the tinnitus. I filled his claim for him in Feb 07 and he has only had 2 C&P exams in a year. I am afraid with the other problems we filed for it will be many years. He has found out he has HEPC since we filed, he has COPD lost 2 lower lobes in one lung service connected. Just found that out. They are not even on his claim. Anyway enough of the b*tching. How do I deal with a state rep that says call yourself? If he can't get anywhere I have no doubt the door will be slammed shut on me. I know it is not recommended to call your congress person on this so I am leary. Mine is Barbara Mikulsky She is a spitfire. Anyway got any suggestions?

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well I called the 800 number got my husband to give the okay to speak to me. Well turns out that Gerard Taylor is a supervisor in the Baltimore RO. Well the lady put me on hold then came back on and said he was on the line and could he call me back so I said ok. Gave her the home number. That was 9:00 AM. We shall see. I am still going to call the VSO back tomorrow. He is only in his office Monday and Friday. At least the mystery of Gerard Taylor is solved.

So I take it you were considered a nusence emailer hotcoffe1?

I always give them a few days to respond vickia1969, even when they say they will call today, I give them a few days and usually they respond, sometimes I gotta call for follow up but not much.

Hopefully they will get back to you soon.

Well he never called. I am not surprised. I am thinking of renting a place in Martinsburg WV. Move my husband there and have his file transferred. It seems if he is living in Martinsburg WV his file should not sit in DC. Also maybe he will get some C & P exams.