Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam

Rate this question

68chstiger

Question

I am supposed to have an exam for residuals of Hodgkin's Lymphoma in May ( I have yet to receive any notification of when) I have a few questions..

1. Should I hand carry info from my private medical providers or mail to VA before going?

2. When should I expect to get the letter telling me what the date of my exam is?

3. Do I continue to receive compensation until they rate my residuals?

Thanks in advance for all the help, you guys have been an invaluable resource. By the way, the information I have gotten here is much better than I got from anyone at Amer. Legion, VFW and the VA.

68chstiger

Binh Thuy 69-70

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Rental, got that, its nice to have some insurance feeling for the moment until I recieve the answer in a few weeks. Fondly, cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

Cowgirl

There is extra protection for a vet who is rated totally disabled for at least five years. The protection is that the VA cannot use one examination to reduce your compensation. They must consider your entire record to make such a proposal. They cannot look at one exam in isolation. After 10 years they cannot sever compensation, and after 20 years they cannot reduce it.

• HadIt.com Elder
Cowgirl

There is extra protection for a vet who is rated totally disabled for at least five years. The protection is that the VA cannot use one examination to reduce your compensation. They must consider your entire record to make such a proposal. They cannot look at one exam in isolation. After 10 years they cannot sever compensation, and after 20 years they cannot reduce it.

John...these protections are afforded to each sc'd disability, regardless of whether or not it is considered a total disability. They also have to mention the CFR that I posted in any proposal to reduce. I have read a BVA decision where a vet was less than totally disabled and had his rating reduced, but then the BVA reversed the decision due to CUE, based on the RO not mentioning the CFR.

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

thanks Rental and John, I know more than yesterday and less than tommorow! You guys are the best, I am on pins&needles here for the next 2-4 weeks at a minimum. I may have to spring clean the homestead or sumpthin'.

Regards your advice to 68, I have been to a few C&Ps, just realized my last exams I didnt tote my med bottles in. Will see what the C&Ps state and check in after I digest those.

Cg'up!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!