VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Small Victory

Rate this topic

jjrbus

Last month I discovered an extra $28,000 in my checking account from the VA. I have recieved no correspondence on this. I would not call the VA becuse if it was sent to me by mistake I do not want to alert them, besides it is not in my job description. Not that I have a job!!

This month my compensation went from $1006 to $1260 So it looks like I won. I was recieveing 50% PTSD + 10% GSW. I appealed the GSW so they must have awarded me 30% for the GSW, I'm still not going to call it may still be a mistake. I will sit here and wait for the paper work.

Anyway looks like I won!! If you can call it a win. I was awarded 10% in 1969 and like a good smuck accepted it at face value. After entering the age of enlightenment I filed an appeal in 1998!!! It took 10 years to get it through the system, TEN YEARS!!!

I really just like to complaine, but 29 years of being shafted out of 20% makes a guy like that. I think there should be a law, that every military recruiter that is allowed on a campus should be accompanied by a diasabled vet.

So where does an 80% disabled vet get a 20% job??? Anything I should do next?

Good luck to everyone, hope your claims go quickly. Jim

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Jjrbus, Congratulations for you, for everything you deserve because of your military service! Saw someone mention putting that $$ in a seperate bank account for protection. Now it took me well beyond 10 years to get some of my compensation corrected that I need and the battle isnt over at all. I do have to take 'vacation's from the compensation paperwork focus and 'renew' my spirit to carry on.

Yes to your 'recruiter' statement as long as the disabled vet isnt on the payroll with restricted spech. My thoughts, recruiters need be career soldiers and have served intense duty assignments.

CG

Last month I discovered an extra $28,000 in my checking account from the VA. I have recieved no correspondence on this. I would not call the VA becuse if it was sent to me by mistake I do not want to alert them, besides it is not in my job description. Not that I have a job!!

This month my compensation went from $1006 to $1260 So it looks like I won. I was recieveing 50% PTSD + 10% GSW. I appealed the GSW so they must have awarded me 30% for the GSW, I'm still not going to call it may still be a mistake. I will sit here and wait for the paper work.

Anyway looks like I won!! If you can call it a win. I was awarded 10% in 1969 and like a good smuck accepted it at face value. After entering the age of enlightenment B) I filed an appeal in 1998!!! It took 10 years to get it through the system, TEN YEARS!!!

I really just like to complaine, but 29 years of being shafted out of 20% makes a guy like that. I think there should be a law, that every military recruiter that is allowed on a campus should be accompanied by a diasabled vet.

So where does an 80% disabled vet get a 20% job??? Anything I should do next?

Good luck to everyone, hope your claims go quickly. Jim

Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats and if you are not satisfied you can appeal or ask for a review or ask for a Hearing.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would now apply for TDIU with an 80% rating. I hope it does not take the dimwits another ten years to award it.

Gee -I know that feeling,getting a check or deposit from VA and then not knowing exactly why the VA sent it to you-

Everyone here is right- since you are not working your should file for TDIU- the award letter will say if they considered you for TDIU and why they didnt award it-

since it is coming soon, that is when you can use their rationale not to award TDIU and combat that when you formally apply-

It looks to me that you have spouse and they awarded 70% -in VA math-for vet and one spouse- per the historic rate chart-

Did you ever formally apply for TDIU yet on the 21-8940 form?

Edited by Berta

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use