Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made-don't Know The Answer Yet

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Called today to see if a decision was made on my SSD claim, I have additional info to support my claim if there was no decision. I was told today they made the decision April 24th. I have called every week and they told me no, so I keep sending in more evidence, everytime I go to the VA I get a copy of my records and send them in.

That decision was made 2 weeks after my last visit with their Doc. I am not encouraged that it is a favorable decision.

Will let you know what the answer is when I get it. The guy that answered the phone and told me it was decided April 24th, said we can't tell you the decision, which I already knew. He did say if it was favorable then I could expect a check in 60-90 days.

Is that good sign or do they say that to all. I hate this effexor I am taking, I am so down.

Wish me luck its favorable.

Ruby

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just called SSA this morning to check status of claim and was told that my claim was approved on April 22 and my first check will be in third week of August and she gave me the amount that I would receive.

Congrats Jaybrown

Called today to see if a decision was made on my SSD claim, I have additional info to support my claim if there was no decision. I was told today they made the decision April 24th. I have called every week and they told me no, so I keep sending in more evidence, everytime I go to the VA I get a copy of my records and send them in.

That decision was made 2 weeks after my last visit with their Doc. I am not encouraged that it is a favorable decision.

Will let you know what the answer is when I get it. The guy that answered the phone and told me it was decided April 24th, said we can't tell you the decision, which I already knew. He did say if it was favorable then I could expect a check in 60-90 days.

Is that good sign or do they say that to all. I hate this effexor I am taking, I am so down.

Wish me luck its favorable.

Ruby

Ruby

We are all rooting for you. Keep occupuied and the time will go much faster.

Ruby,

Did you get your letter ? I am going the sameway as you they said a Decision was made last week to check the mail I have been doing that for about 6 months They should ask the mail lady about the guy standing by the mail box all the time and yes I do call them SSD,VA, the state Ret etc the last one is SSD all the rest is approved just the last one SSD than I hope I can take a break till I get the letter from VA for a reevl to get P&T 1-3 years from now?

I hope you have your letter and all is well with you but let us know ok

The very best to you,

Sgt Mac

Sorry I missed this somehow. I got my notification June 3 or 4th.

If you know they have reached a decision you can go to the SS office and ask them in person what the decision was.

I recieved my first check a week ago. I didn't get any back pay I quit work in Dec 07 File in Jan 08. I made 30/hr so the part time I was working was far beyond the mininmal amount you can make.

I am not complaining. while it took 6 months to get an answer it was approved on the first go around.

Good Luck on yours.

Hi ruby,

Glad the check arrived, maybe this will relieve some pressure.

If I remember right SS doesn't start payment until the 5th or 6th

month after the filing of the claim.

Y I P E E ! ! !

carlie