Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made-don't Know The Answer Yet

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Called today to see if a decision was made on my SSD claim, I have additional info to support my claim if there was no decision. I was told today they made the decision April 24th. I have called every week and they told me no, so I keep sending in more evidence, everytime I go to the VA I get a copy of my records and send them in.

That decision was made 2 weeks after my last visit with their Doc. I am not encouraged that it is a favorable decision.

Will let you know what the answer is when I get it. The guy that answered the phone and told me it was decided April 24th, said we can't tell you the decision, which I already knew. He did say if it was favorable then I could expect a check in 60-90 days.

Is that good sign or do they say that to all. I hate this effexor I am taking, I am so down.

Wish me luck its favorable.

Ruby

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

How long did it take for them to make their decision? Usually you get your 1st check after 5 months from the date you are determine to be disabled. Some of my friends got their letter in the mail a few days after they were told that a decision had been made. Do you have a confirmation number for your claim? If so, you can go online and check the status of your claim on the ssa.gov website. It will tell you if a decision has been made.

Called today to see if a decision was made on my SSD claim, I have additional info to support my claim if there was no decision. I was told today they made the decision April 24th. I have called every week and they told me no, so I keep sending in more evidence, everytime I go to the VA I get a copy of my records and send them in.

That decision was made 2 weeks after my last visit with their Doc. I am not encouraged that it is a favorable decision.

Will let you know what the answer is when I get it. The guy that answered the phone and told me it was decided April 24th, said we can't tell you the decision, which I already knew. He did say if it was favorable then I could expect a check in 60-90 days.

Is that good sign or do they say that to all. I hate this effexor I am taking, I am so down.

Wish me luck its favorable.

Ruby

My doctors said I was 100 disabled in March of last year but I continued to work until 12/04/07- I filed Jan 8, 2008. DDS got it Jan 22, 2008. I went to Psy doc in March 2008, I went to the med doc April 9, 2008. They made the decision April 24, 2008.

I did call my DDS case worker and ask a dumb question on purpose he told me I should have been notified by now and to " just hang in there until I get my letter." That could mean anything.

I am finally calming down and just waiting for the letter. Either I get it and celebrate or I appeal.

However, my finanical situation is such that I may be forced to go back to work. This is not a pleasant thought. I have sucked the pain up for years guess I can do it again, if I can't, I will sell my house and go from there.

I have no letters just the 800 number telling me its decided. I should recieve a letter in a few days. Yet, when I question them to see if the letter had been mailed they said no. So they changed thier story to it could be up to a month before I get a reply.

I do know if your denied you get a thick package and it tells you why your were denied--each doctor and what was said. That has to take time to formulate a denial. So who knows- I will let you know whn I know.

Thanks for the support.

Good Morning

I too worked as long as I could and finally had to have a knee replacement to go along with my other disabilities. In January 08 I file for SSD, the first week of April I went to psych doctor to see if I am capable of managing my money, well, that was what he told me, he ask question about adding, subtraction, multiplying and time. The 3rd week of DDS called me and told she had completed my claim and was sending it forward and I should hear something from the regional office. On May 17th I check the status of my claim on line and it stated that a decision had been made and I would get the decision by mail.

Do anyone know how long it takes to get written decision when you're told a decision has been made?

My doctors said I was 100 disabled in March of last year but I continued to work until 12/04/07- I filed Jan 8, 2008. DDS got it Jan 22, 2008. I went to Psy doc in March 2008, I went to the med doc April 9, 2008. They made the decision April 24, 2008.

I did call my DDS case worker and ask a dumb question on purpose he told me I should have been notified by now and to " just hang in there until I get my letter." That could mean anything.

I am finally calming down and just waiting for the letter. Either I get it and celebrate or I appeal.

However, my finanical situation is such that I may be forced to go back to work. This is not a pleasant thought. I have sucked the pain up for years guess I can do it again, if I can't, I will sell my house and go from there.

I have no letters just the 800 number telling me its decided. I should recieve a letter in a few days. Yet, when I question them to see if the letter had been mailed they said no. So they changed thier story to it could be up to a month before I get a reply.

I do know if your denied you get a thick package and it tells you why your were denied--each doctor and what was said. That has to take time to formulate a denial. So who knows- I will let you know whn I know.

Thanks for the support.

Edited by JayBrown1

The story today from SSA is I have a "tickle date" of June 16th. Which means they should have everything completed by then but it could be earlier or it could be later.

This is 2 months after they made the decision-this is ridiculous that one has to wait that long to find out if they were denied.

It's giving me false hope I was approved and that's the reason for the delay they are doing the numbers. In the meantime I am going broke.

I am afraid to call anymore, each time it gets longer.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ruby:

Sorry that you are going through this and it is aggravating. The only thing you can do is wait now and soon you will get your answer. My recommendation is to try and put the whole thing out of your mind as you have done everything that you need to do. Try and do something that takes your mind off of it.

I suggest reading a good book. If you can't concentrate to much watch some of the things on TV that are amusing. I chuckle helps a lot.

Anyway I am thinking good thoughts and for me June 16th is really not that far away considering the time you already have invested.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jay

It should be pretty quick but a certain time frame I can't say. Keep calling back and asking. They may let it slip.