Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made-don't Know The Answer Yet

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Called today to see if a decision was made on my SSD claim, I have additional info to support my claim if there was no decision. I was told today they made the decision April 24th. I have called every week and they told me no, so I keep sending in more evidence, everytime I go to the VA I get a copy of my records and send them in.

That decision was made 2 weeks after my last visit with their Doc. I am not encouraged that it is a favorable decision.

Will let you know what the answer is when I get it. The guy that answered the phone and told me it was decided April 24th, said we can't tell you the decision, which I already knew. He did say if it was favorable then I could expect a check in 60-90 days.

Is that good sign or do they say that to all. I hate this effexor I am taking, I am so down.

Wish me luck its favorable.

Ruby

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ruby:

Its favorable or he would not have told you when to expect a check.

Pete, I really hope so. I am not confident at all. No answer in the mail today.

A little unoffical poll. What takes longer a denial or approval.

It was decided on the 24th of April its been 21 days and no letter yet, said it would be upto a month, probably sooner.

My new meds made me drunk/lightheaded so I can't take them on days I drive or have something to do. I am anxious just to get the answer--anyone know if they denied it 21 days ago would I have a letter by now?

Ruby, for what its worth i have to agree with Pete. I dont believe they would have mentioned anything about the check if it was'nt forthcoming. I'll be rootin for ya! Regards,William n

• HadIt.com Elder

I'll have to agree with the other guys.

And, it'll probably be in the next couple weeks, if they are running on the same "timing" as the VA.

Approvals normally take longer.

It's really easy and quick to stamp "DENIED" and put it in the mail to ya.

Whereas, it takes longer for them to check, and double check their figures, then they have to get the requisite signatures from the powers-that-be, authorizing the payment (it takes more signatures to authorize more money, so, sometimes, the longer the wait from the time the decision was made and the time they cut the check is BETTER.)