Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champva/va

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi,

I am in SC and the closest VA facily that takes CHAMPVA is Asheville, NC. I am currently seeing an orthopedic dr. for some knee and heel problems. My question is...if I need physical therapy or any ortho devices such as Cam Walker or Orthotics or anything of this nature, can I go to Dorn VA for this or would I have to have a primary care dr. there to use any portion of the facility?

Thanks,

sbrewer

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA is insurance for dependents of service connected Veteran. If you need therapy locally apply for Fee Service and they will pay for what you need. Anything that is equipment the VA should provide through the prosthetics department.

Good Lucl

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are going to use ChampVA at a VAMC you have to be enrolled according to my VAMC in Tampa. If you have ChampVa why would you want to use a VA hospital? It is an insurance policy that can be used by any provider that will accept it.

• In Memoriam

Most places that accept Medicaid or Medicare accept ChampVA. You can learn more by going to the ChampVA site.

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/champva.asp

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder
If you are going to use ChampVA at a VAMC you have to be enrolled according to my VAMC in Tampa. If you have ChampVa why would you want to use a VA hospital? It is an insurance policy that can be used by any provider that will accept it.
Some V.A. medical centers have the CITI program and that permits dependents of totally disabled veterans to get treatment there. CITI stands for the Civilian Inhouse Treatment Initiative.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah its always great to wait while the VA is treating Dependants cause they don't want to make copays.

I would be glad to accept ChampVA as my VA Health Care and move on.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.