Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champva/va

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi,

I am in SC and the closest VA facily that takes CHAMPVA is Asheville, NC. I am currently seeing an orthopedic dr. for some knee and heel problems. My question is...if I need physical therapy or any ortho devices such as Cam Walker or Orthotics or anything of this nature, can I go to Dorn VA for this or would I have to have a primary care dr. there to use any portion of the facility?

Thanks,

sbrewer

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If the wife has champ va and oter insurance, Including mnedicare, They will pay the difference including medicine copays.

Excuse me, I have had to wait over a year to get some appointments and I AM A VETERAN.

I'm sure that your wife is a nice person, but she already gets more benefits than I do (can see a REAL doc, PX/commissary privileges and etc).

I think I speak for a lot of veterans when I say that we are not about to wait behind dependents too.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA does not charge a copay for ChampVA that is why so many dependents are using it where offered. No copays on Meds either.

Jim

Back to ya Buster...

I AM A VETERAN and so are you...she is not and did nothing to earn those benefits but say "I DO".

If she served her country, not just served you...then I have no problems....I will stand in line behind her any day.

I can guarantee you that the larger percentage of Vets at the Seattle VAMC DO NOT want to wait behind dependents and have made it known through letters to the VA and congresspeople.

You were given ChampVA as a benefit, a very big benefit that most of us would dearly love to have so that we would not have to wait years to see 4th rate docs.

Now, when your wife has broken her back, literally, survived cancer x2, and been raped and sodimized by her X.O., and then told by the VA that you don't deserve 100%...then your wife can whine about paying a $10.00 or $20.00 copay.

You notice that you don't see the female vets spouses whining.

They are daily taking away benefits from veterans...real people that have served and you have the audacity........

Oh well...the welfare mentality :blink:

Seattle are you married? My wife endures more crap from me than anyone deserves. I'm 100% P&T and she also could use the VA for her health care but doesn't. As far as co pays you're not correct. There isn't co pays but we have to pay 25% of the charges which adds up quickly.

Again any spouse that endures the crap us disabled vets put out deserves "veteran" benefits.

Quit being bitter about what you get and be thankful what other veterans deserve. Hadit is about helping each other not complaining what others get.

• HadIt.com Elder

All of you cool your jets. No personal attacks.

If a spouse uses the CITI Program at the VA there are no copays for meds or service. If you use ChampVA anywhere else there are copays. Its really that simple.

Because I talk to people in waiting rooms I have met several people who were using ChampVA at the VA. The VAMC in Dallas also allows patients who are not Veterans to use the VA and most of the patients at the VA being treated for AID's are not Veterans.

The VA also treats people who are in drug studies who are not Veterans and yet there are long waits for Veterans.

Seattle and Jim I would like you to consider an apology and let's try to discuss this issue because I do think its important and there is definitely some misunderstandings.

I guess that we can all agree that Veterans are forced to wait to long.

The other day Senator Murray tried to get the VA to admit that they did not have enough staff to treat PTSD and could not get a straight answer.